yan. ken kaneki x reader

a/n: this is playing in season 3 of tokyo ghoul, i thought it's important to mention !tw gore!

"The world was collapsing, and the only thing that really mattered to me was that she was alive

"The world was collapsing, and the only thing that really mattered to me was that she was alive."- Percy Jackson

𝑑𝑜𝑣𝑒 (pt 1??)
risking my life for other people's sake has been kind of a thing i did a lot, pushing my own interests away for another person's sake in general was kind of a hobby of mine.

i just wished this 'instinct' didn't kick in when i saw a man sitting on top of a woman and blood all over the walls and floor in an impass.

i knew i couldn't do much for the poor woman, neither did i know in which condition she was or if she was already dead.

i really should have kept on walking when i saw a bit of the scenario in the impass that didn't had a way to exit the situation or run away as soon as the man noticed me.

i should have dropped the whole thing when i realized that the man was a ghoul, but i couldn't so i threw my purse at him.

after my bag hit the man's back it got painful quiet.

i was so scared that i started to feel dizzy but the rain drops that started to fall on my shoulders and on my face kept me from fainting.

the male stopped with the grunting and eating noises and stopped moving, so did i.

i didn't even dare to breathe and when he slowly turned around i felt like even my brain stopped working.

all i could focus on were the black eyeballs with the deep red pupils that looked at me.

he slowly got up, his eyes still focused on me and the woman that was hidden behind his body before got revealed.

there was even more blood under and over her body and she was completely ripped open from her neck to her bellybutton, it was clear that she was dead and my action was the most stupid and useless thing someone could've ever done.

i realized that too long after i've done it. "fuck" i whispered and started walking backwards before turning around and running.

of course i knew i didn't have any chance against a ghoul but i wasn't just going to give up either.

the rain slapping in my face didn't make things easier, i could just hope that the rain washed away my scent so that he couldn't track me and pray to the gods that i was running fast enough and that the rain was thick enough so that he couldn't see me after a short distance.

i didn't dare to turn around that's why being ripped to the ground was an even bigger surprise even though i should have expected it.

a scream escaped me and the ghoul that made me end up on the floor turned me on my back, sitting on my hips to keep me in place.

i trashed my arms and legs around, hoping to loosing his grip around me so that i could escape but it was hopeless.

tears started to build up in my eyes and my vision got blurry.

"humans are so weak" he said while looking down on my crying figure that not only shook of the cold but also out of fear.

"why are you crying little girl?" he asked cupping my cheek and holding my face between his thumb and index finger afterwards, squeezing hard.

"i was just trying to eat, is that so wrong?" he continued asking.

'yes' i thought 'because you killed a human being'.

he let go of my face and sat up straight, making me shake in fear even more.

he appeared even bigger, stronger and more terrifying than before when building himself up like that.

i just laid helpless on the ground while he showed me his kagune, lifted it and rushed it down on me to kill me.

but his kagune stopped before hitting me and the ghoul fell on top of me, lifeless.

i sobbed at the sudden weight and my brain wasn't able to proceed what was happening.

i just started to understand what was going on for a short time when i noticed the white piece of fabric.

a ghoul investigator? i started to sob uncontrollable when i realized that i am save now, that the ghoul that was threatening my life was unable to kill me now.

the ghoul investigator pulled the ghouls body off of me like it was nothing.

i wanted to stand up from the cold and wet ground but i wasn't able to since i immediately got pulled up into a hug.

i didn't know what was going on, i knew that it was unusual for ghoul investigators to do something like that so i was uncomfortable, regardless of the fact that i almost left my life just moments ago and that my savor seemed to try to comfort me.

"it's okay" he said with a voice both soft and powerful.

"i'll take care of you" he whispered in my ear and i tried to step back, hoping to remove myself from the strangers hug but his arms stayed around me like a metal chain.

that's when i tried to push him away, unsuccessful.

"p-please" i stuttered, my voice and body were still shaking.

"i just want to go home" i said, it was still raining and the rain drops that crashed on his white coat made me feel like i was going deaf because they seemed so loud to me.

he just pressed me harder against him and my skin started to hurt at the spots he had a grip on me.

"it's so dangerous" he just said and sighed, letting me go a little and i immediately pushed myself a bit back off of him.

i froze when i looked at his face and the eyes that looked down on me, lovingly.

with all of my strength i tried to escape his grip but his arms around my waist and shoulders were just too strong.

one of his eyes was red, just like a ghouls one, and the other was normal and gray.

i've never seen such thing or someone like him but whatever he was, he scared the hell out of me.

i screamed as loud as i could but my voice drowned in the falling rain.

i tried to kick and punch him but nothing happened, it felt like his body was made out of rock or steel.

the last thing i remember before falling unconscious was a stingy smell in my nose that made my brain feel like it was covered in fog.

when i opened my eyes my vision was blurry and the light that was turned on to not drown the room in darkness gave me headaches.

it was just a simple light bulb but it was enough to make my head hurt.

i didn't even had a chance to analyze my surroundings when the door suddenly opened and a slim, tall figure entered the room.

his white hair seemed to glow in the dark. at first i didn't knew who he was but it hit me when he opened his mouth and spoke.

"hello love" he said and a shiver ran down my spine, it was the half ghoul from the impass.