Chapter Forty-Four: First Run

Chapter Forty-Four

Reece POV's

"Conner!" I call as I lean against the bottom of the stairs with Rider sitting on his hind legs.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, don't get you're panties in a knot," Conner calls as I hear his feet thundering down the stairs.

"I don't wear panties," I call back as I run my hand through my messy brown hair. Then, I stuff my hand into the front pocket of my hoodie as I wait for him.

Payton had the most amazing idea to run track again. I mean I will admit I was a little skeptic at first. The more I began to think about it however, I became more aware of the possibilities and Payton was right. If someone can ice-skate blind then I can run. Life is full of challenges; it's all just about what you make of them.

"Fine, fine, boxer's in a knot," Conner laughs as he reaches beside my side. "Let's go buddy," he adds as he grabs one my arms, I grab Rider's harness having him come with. "Reece, why didn't you ask anyone else to come with?" he asks me as he leads me outside. Payton went home a while ago to see her mom, which is fine with me.

"Because I am scared to see how it turns out with me running again. I haven't tried and don't want make a fool of myself in front of more people than you," I explain as Conner stops us and I hear the sound of a car door opening. Then, he helps me get inside. I feel around for the feet belt and fumble around attempting to buckle it. Finally I hear the clicking sound and Conner helps Rider into the back seat where he pants.

"What about your girlfriend?" Conner asks in a teasing tone. Then, I hear the sound of the truck starting.

"I want to be able to impress her the first time, because I'm not sure if I'll be able too," I explain leaning my head back onto the head rest.

"Well I am here for you brother," Conner says with a happy voice and I sigh smiling. Conner maybe crazy, but he is always there when I need him. He is always there for me no matter how bad things may get he is there.

"Thanks," I mumble as I sit down leaning my head against the rest behind it.

***^^*^*^*^*^*^**^**^^^^^^^^^^^^********

"So, just walk a lap around the track to get a feel for it again?" I ask Conner, raising my eyebrow in confusion. The turn my head to the side as I listen to the quietness around here, there is defiantly no one around here.

"Yelp," Conner says and I sigh as I take a hold of Rider's harness.

"Why is no one here?" I ask before I begin my walk. I am honestly not sure what time it is outside. I mean I want to come after everyone's gone, but I'm a little worried if it's dark.

"It's seven and there are no practices," Conner says casually. "Now get to walking!" he adds laughing and I groan taking a step forward. Why did I make him my coach again?

It was because he is the one who originally helped me learn how these things do and he was always really good at this stuff. I can feel the differences between the track and the turf. So feeling the difference beneath my feet I know where to stay.

After what takes a very long time because I am trying to be slow and remember my path and shutting my eyes imagining the track.

"Okay, you made it! I am very impressed, nice job," Conner praising me and Ride and I come to a stop. He claps his hand one to my shoulder in a proud way. "Now I would like you to do it again, but this time jogging," he instructs and my heart beats faster. I don't know if I can do this.

Hesitantly, I take steps forward trying to get my legs to move. Squeezing my eyes shut, I take in a deep breath and then force my legs to move. Slowly I begin to speed up my walk into a jog. As I jug I keep one hand securely on Rider's harness.

At first I stumble a little and mess up my feet, but finally after two minutes my legs decide to work and I jog. All too quickly my breath becomes short and I realize just how out of shape I am. Forcing myself to continue as I feel the burning spread through my legs as I force them to go quicker.

Slowly my breath comes out as pants and I slow down a little as I continue to push myself farther. "Done," Conner's voice calls to me.

Coming to a stop I lean down pressing one hand to my knee, as I bend over breathing hard. Rider is panting lightly by my side. Dang, I didn't realize I was so out of shape.

"Well you did well, you need work out more push harder to be able to get yourself back into shape," Conner states and as I breath heavily I nod my head.

"I can do that," I say between breaths. I am glad it did go to bad. Running again was amazing. Words cannot describe how great it was to run again. I feel like a part of myself has returned. I cannot wait for Payton to come see. I am bringing her with next time. It feels so great to push through my blindness and find a way to have something I use to be able to do again. I love running and it feels great to have hope I may be able to again.

Hey i know this is very very short!! I am truly sorry it is.

I have practice on thursday and homework, and my book is falling from not updating, o in return i updated.

Very short and awful but i posted!!!

I will post tomorrow night on two conditions.

1)580 vote on this chapter

so if you want an update i sugeest voting.

2) Do NOT complain about how short it is!I know! So dont tell me!!

I cannot help it!!!

Sorry if i sound mean i dont mean to i am wore out thats all!!!

PLEASE KEEP UP YOUR GREAT WORK

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

I want to thank you all so very much!! You are awesome!! So thank youso much!!

I love you you all!!

You mean the world to me!!

THANK YOU!!!