Chapter Fourteen: Never Be His Type

Chapter Fourteen

Payton’s POV

            I sit beside Lila’s bed and hold her hand in mine. I have already visited Ms. Rose and now I am sitting here with Lila. “Lila, I don’t know what to do,” I whisper to her. “The more time I spend with Reece the more I begin to like him, but I can’t like him! If I like him I am going to get hurt because there is no way in hell he would ever like me. He could never like me. What do I do? I still want be his friend,” I say as I shift in my seat. A ripple shoots through my stomach and I realize that I am hungry.

            “Lila, I just want you to wake up. Life has been so tough and I just want you back,” I say softly as tears slowly begin to leak out of my eyes. I reach up quickly and use the back of my hand to whip away my tears. I take a deep breath trying to calm myself. I tighten my grip lightly around her hand. My phone beeps and I retrieve it from my pocket looking at it.

Mom: I am bringing home dinner. I will be home in an hour. XOXO

            I smile at the text and see the time is 7:00 pm, I better go swing by Reece’s room and say bye. I cannot believe he wants me stop back by! That is just freaking crazy! Standing up I lean down and brush my lips against her pale, cool forehead. “I love you Lila Bug,” I say as I stroke her cheek. I slowly walk to the door and hold it open while I spare on last look over my shoulder at her sad sleeping form. A single tear falls from my eye and I whip it away. I shut the door behind me and breathe in a deep breath of the hospital reek, the smell of cleaning supplies and disinfectant spray. Taking a step forward I begin my slow walk back to the elevator. Once I reach it, I let the doctor’s and nurse’s aboard get off as they wave at me, smile, or say ‘hi’. Then, once they are all off I step on and hit the button.

            The elevator begins to move and I try cheer myself up as I head for his floor. Ding, the elevator chimes as the doors slide open I get off of it and a few people step on. I begin down the hall and to his room. Why did he want me to come back by? Does that mean something?

            Oh course it doesn’t mean anything! My voice inside my head laughs at me.

            Shut up! I mumble to it! Gosh it is so annoying. I stand outside his room and take a deep breath. I can do this, I tell myself as a sea of butterflies erupts in my stomach. Stupid nerves! I softly knock on the door and it creaks open and I see Georgia in front of me smiling. She has her blonde hair in curls, light make up on, and is wearing a pair of designer jeans and a blouse.

            “Payton! My dear!” she says happily as she pulls me into a bone crushing hug. “Reece said you were going stop back by I am so happy to see you,” she tells me as she pulls me into the room.

            As I step inside and she shuts the door behind me I see a curly blonde hair girl, Juliet, with stunning blue eyes like Reece and she is wearing make-up also and she is sitting in the chair by Reece’s bed. She is wearing a blue sweater dress with black leggings underneath and a pair of converses. She is beautiful and I wish I looked like her just a little bit. She seems preppy, but yet she seems like a rebel. I am not sure anything about her, but I will figure it out.