Chapter Thirty-Seven: All This Noise

Be warned that there is bad language in this chapter. So please dont go hating because of it. This is PG13 and you cannot expect guys to not cuse. Just saying and wanted to warn you all!!:D Sorry if that sounded mean i meant well!!:D Author note at end.

Chapter Thirty-Seven

Reece’s POV

            Payton holds my hand as she leads me into our first class of the day. The room is silent apart from the clicking of keys, like on a keyboard. She tugs me along further with her and my pulse begins to race as my nerves grow. I have never been the nervous type but I sure am today! Even though, Payton is leading me I still tap my cane to help and feel like I am doing something.

            “Reece?” a surprised voice says and my body tenses.

            “It’s just Mrs. Reed,” Payton whispers to me and I relax some.

            “Hi,” I say lowly, a little uncomfortable.

            “Mrs. Reed, can I sit beside Reece and help him notes, work, and everything?” I hear Payton ask from beside me. I groan lightly because I do not want special treatment, I just want to be normal again!

            “Yes, of course dear that is a splendid idea,” the teacher says and I smile.

            “Come on Reece, let’s sit down,” Payton says to me as she tugs my hand lightly and takes me to where I am able to sit down. She places one of my hands on cold, hard, thick plastic of a chair. I slowly and carefully down using my hands to feel my way to the desk.  “I am right here beside you,” she tells me from my left.

            I suddenly hear the sound of the squeaking of a chair and then heels clicking against the floor as they near me. “Reece,” Mrs. Reed’s voice says as the heels stop and she sounds very much closer and her voice is softer and kinder. “I wanted to tell you that I admire what you did, and am truly proud of you. You are a true hero and if it wasn’t for you trying to calm him down and take longer time than who knows how many people would not be here today. What you did was amazing and something to be proud of and the fact that you’re dealing with being blind is amazing. I truly admire your ability to come back to school. You are a strong boy and I don’t want anything to make you think otherwise. There is going to be people who do not realize what you’ve done for them. I wanted to thank you for being a hero and tell you how proud I am, don’t let anything stop you Reece. I am also shocked yet very happy that you have found Payton,” Mrs. Reed says and I feel so special. When I did what I did I never thought that people would be thinking of me like this. To be honest I never thought I’d ever live again.

            When that gun was pointed in my direction I thought I was dead and I am happy that I am not. I am glad I will still be there for all the important events even if I cannot see them. It makes me happy to know that not everyone hates me. I smile up to where I am guessing she is standing. “Thank you ma’am,” I say with the respect that I’ve always showed to my teachers.