Chapter Twenty-Nine: Part 2 Grow a Pair

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Reece’s POV

            “Here hold this,” the Joy lady tells me as she places my hand onto some kind of handle.

            Rider and I had this instant connection I just felt so much safer and not as worried as I have been. Since the shooting I have had this feeling and fear of what is around me. It’s really scary not knowing what you are surrounded by. Rider and I were an instant connection and I could feel that I would be safe in his present. Joy brought Rider and I back here to teach, me mainly, how to work everything. Carter came with to watch while Payton chose to play with the puppies. From what I can tell this is an open room used for this stuff.

            Joy teaches Rider and I how to work together and ques for him and when he does things what they mean to me and my safety. As Joy like to put it “Rider is my eyes now.”

            We practice and work together for what feels like two hours and finally we are working like a team. I am actually getting this down and it’s so awesome! If I am walking towards a danger zone Rider bumps my legs in front of me to stop me. I can now get around and even release him from his harness. This is so exciting and I cannot wait to get home and try this out. Joy says that they can even sell us all the things we need for him here.

            Rider and I walk around and he will bump my legs before I hit walls, which is a good thing. We worked on commands and things allowing myself to get the hang of it all. Finally Joy says she thinks that we are ready and that she’ll go pull up the paper work. I hear Carter’s footsteps head to go behind Joy, but I need talk to him really quick while we are alone!

            “Carter!” I whisper/yell hoping to get his attention while Rider and I walk forward.

            “Yeah,” he says and his footsteps freeze. I hear a door lightly shut and can hear Carter’s breathes in front of me. About the same time Rider bumps my legs and I stop.

            “Sit,” I command to him and feel his body shift beside me. I use my other hand to reach over and pet his head quickly. “I need to talk to you real quick,” I say to Carter taking in a deep breath.

            “Ah, let me guess, it’s about the lovely Payton,” he replies in horrible British accent.

            I cannot help but to chuckle and shake my head at his awful attempt. “Yeah, it’s about her man. I don’t know what to do. I want ask her out and all, but I am afraid she doesn’t like me like that because I am blind. And so when I ask her out she’ll get all weird and reject me and it’ll ruin our friendship. I just don’t think she could like me,” I say simply as I begin to ramble. When I think about asking her out I get so nervous at the what ifs.

            Carter bursts out laughing and it vibrates the room. I am sure the look I am giving him is one of utter confusion. Did this dude get dropped on his head as a baby?

            “I didn’t know my problem was so funny,” I state very un-amused by this.

            “No, no! It’s just you clearly got it hard for this girl. And the fact that you think she doesn’t like you is just so funny! I mean this girl would do anything for you. I know you cannot see the way she looks at you or you at her, but I tell you what if that isn’t love than I don’t know what is,” Carter says with a amused tone.

            Love? Whoever said anything about love!! I don’t love her. I mean I really like her, but I would not go as far as saying I love her. Not yet at least, maybe one day I will. But it is official that Carter has some serious brain damage.

            “Love? I never said anything about loving her. I just really like her,” I say simply to him shaking my head.

            “Boy you are so blind… crap that word doesn’t work. Sorry. I mean you are so dense. You love her, but I guess you don’t see it yet. And she defiantly loves you. For one she puts up with your crap and I know from what you’re my told me before you are so not the easiest person to handle. For two she always make s time to help you and tries her best to treat you normally and allow you to do things on your own. Last but not least, she forgets you’re blind, meaning she doesn’t care or pay attention to that. She sees you as any other human being and does not judge. Her heart is one made of gold and people like her do not come around every day and when they do they are gifts to us. She was made for you, call her your angel if you will. Either way she came to you, and she fell for you, which anyone could tell within the first fifteen minutes of being in both of your presents. Even a blind man can see that! Well, apparently not you, but technically I am still blind cause I cannot fully see, and I can even tell. So stop being arrogant and grow a pair and just ask her out already,” Carter says in a long lecture leaving me stunned. Is that all true? If so wow. “So did that answer your question Reece?” Carter asks me.

            I nod my head very slowly. “Yelp, it did! Thank you so much I needed that,” I say with a smile slipping on my face.

            “Good, now let’s get all this done and head back to your house so I can drop you off and you can grow a pair,” Carter said with a laugh and I sigh shaking my head.

            “Okay, man,” I say.

            “Let’s go,” Carter says and I hear a door open slowly. I pull lightly on the harness and feel Rider stand up.

            I begin walking with him guiding me through the door way and Carter shuts the door behind me. I cannot wait to get home because it is official I am going to ask Payton out! As crazy as it may seem, it’s time and I really like her.

Hey!!

I REALIZE THIS IS VERY SHORT!!!

Please do not comment on it telling me that.

I know!!

This is a filler pretty much!!

I updated this because i felt bad for not updating!!

I have been really busy!

I wrote a speech(for a speaking contest) and have been trying finish Gone with the Wind with no hope. Just so you no that is a freaking very large and longgg book!!!:|

Please just be happy i updated!!!:) I did it because i love you all so very much!!

Tomorrow's update(hopefully) will be the one you all have been waiting for!!!Hehe!!

I really hope you liked this chapter even though it is short!!

Sorry this book is not edited it will be once it is complete!!!

I want dedicate this to a kind fan who made a cover i cant get it to work but i am dedicating to her!!:D

Let's get this book higher!!:D

Please keep up the amazing support

FAN

COMMENT

SHARE

if you have a twitter follow me @TaraLDeclan

I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO MUCH!!

tHANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!:D