Chapter Seventeen: Lila

Chapter Seventeen

Reece’s POV

            Once that stupid question slips from my lips and I feel presence change, I realize that that was and awful question and I feel like a total ass. It’s just her question was personal for me and I wanted to ask her a personal on. I never meant to upset her! Great. This morning has been great until just then. This morning I got up and was able to take a shower all by myself just by using my hands to feel around me. That made me so happy, because I honestly thought I would never be able to do anything on my own again no matter how bad I wanted too! Now knowing I can is a fear lifted from my shoulders and it makes me so happy. My morning got better when Payton got here just being around her cheers me up. Then I just had to go and open my mouth and insert my foot. If she wanted me to know she would’ve told me! But she didn’t, and I want get to know her better! Stupid, stupid me!!

            “Reece?” her voice says softly and I can feel her body weight moving. “Do you want come on a walk with me?” she asks in a cute, little voice. Still feeling like crap, I nod my head and pull the cover off me and stand up. I allow my hand to lead me to the end of the bed and I wait.

            An arm slips through mine and I feel the explosion inside of me and know its Payton. Her heart is beating loudly and her breathing is speeding up. Could she be nervous? “Let’s go,” she says as she tugs me along with her. I have no clue where she is dragging me away to.

            “Where are you taking me?” I ask as I hear the ding of the elevator door and then I am brought inside. I hear the doors close tightly.

            “To whom I always go see,” she says softly and then the door opens again and she begins leading onto another floor. I can feel people walk past me and talking through the quiet hall.

            We turn a corner and then she stops. I feel her move and the sound of a door swing open. She then pulls me into the room I assume and shut the door behind me with a click.

            “Where are we?” I ask as she slowly leads me somewhere.

            “Here sit on the couch,” Payton tells me and I sigh using my hand to feel the leather back of the couch and the seat of it. Then I place my hands on the seat behind me and lower myself onto the couch. The room is silent for a moment and I shift making myself more comfortable. The leather on the back of the chair is cool and sends chills through me as it brushes the skin of my back that is revealed through the robe. Payton sighs as she sits down beside me.

            “We are in my sister’s hospital room,” she says with a weak voice. Her sister? She has a sister? Why is she in the hospital? How come she’s not talking? I am truly confused.

            “Is she asleep?” I ask trying to get more information from her.