Chapter Fifteen: Nightmares

Chapter Fifteen

Reece’s POV

            I hear Payton’s footsteps exit the room and my smile fades. “Awe!” my mom cries and I release I groan. Please God no don’t let her say any- “You two are so adorable!” my mom says and I grumble ‘to late’.

            “She is nice and shy,” I hear my sister, Juliet, say.

            “I like her,” Rayne says in her small cute voice and I cannot help but smile. I love my little sisters, especially Rayne.

            “She’s a good kid, a little mysterious though,” my dad’s rough voice says and I can hear a smile in his voice. He is happy most of the time I guess my brothers and sisters get that from our parents, not as much for Juliet and I, though.

            “I think she is-” my mom begins but we all cut her off saying, “a wonderful young lady!”

            She just laughs and I can hear her standing from her seat and digging through something. I hear her grab something like a bag and make her way to my side. I light weight is placed onto my lap and I raise my eyebrows towards her direction.

            “What is this mom,” I ask slowly dragging my hand across on side of it. It is slick and glossy feeling, kind of like those Victoria Secret bags; don’t ask me how I know that.

            “It’s a present, goofy,” she says with a chuckle and I feel her ruffle my hair lightly.

            Sliding my hands up the side of the bag and reach inside pulling out what feels like stuffing paper, then reach to the bottom and my fingers latch onto a cool metal, square object; pulling it from the bag I hold it in my hands and try to create a picture of it. Shutting my eyes I imagine a metal or hard plastic, square. As I continue to feel I can tell on side is glass and it feels like a phone.

            “Mom I have a phone,” I say simply. Honest why would she buy me a phone when I have one?

            “Sweetie, this is no regular phone. This one is completely voice control. You tell it who you want send a text to and what it says and it will. You can tell it what music you want to hear and you will hear it. Same with everything else,” she says and I hold the phone tightly in my hand.

            This is really cool! “Thanks mom,” I tell her as a smile spreads across my cheeks.

             “No problem!” she says and I then feel her press her lips to my forehead lightly in a motherly kiss. The bag then disappears from my lap and I hear her footsteps return to her seat.

            We sit in what is mostly a silence for a while until I decide to finally break it after hearing quiet chatter between Rayne and Conner.