Chapter Thirty-Six: Back to School

Chapter Thirty-six

Payton’s POV

            My alarm clock wakes me and I sit up on my uncomfortable bed stretching, popping my sore back. A huge smile stretches across my face as I think back to last night. Reece and I had the most fun, he is truly amazing. I really do love him and being around him warms my heart. Today he is coming back to school which I am really nervous about. I don’t know if he’s going use Rider or his cane, he hasn’t told me. Actually, he doesn’t really want to talk about it. I understand, this is going be hard on him in so many ways. He has to face those who once fell to his feet and most importantly go back to the place that changed his life forever. I can honestly not image what it will be like for him or what will be going through his head since Reece isn’t exactly the sharing type. Reece doesn’t share everything and neither do I. That is one the reason’s I love him so much because we understand each other on another leave. I am just happy Reece agreed to let me take him to school. I am not going leave his side for a single second.

            Getting out of bed I hurry to my closet finding a tank top and Reece’s hoodie along with a pair of jeans. Carrying them to the bathroom I take a quick shower and get readying braid my brown hair and tying it with a rubber band leaving a few shorter pieces hanging at the front of my face. My smile is still stuck on my face and I can’t help it! I look okay not pretty just okay and normal, plain and simple, two things I will always be.

            Hey, but this plain and simple girl is dating Reece Collins! The greatest guy ever! “Reece! Crap I need hurry up!” I mumble to myself as I rush back to my room yanking on my shoes and grabbing may backpack. Rushing to the kitchen I an apple real quick and head for the door. I bite down onto the green apple as I pull open the heavy door and leave, shutting it tightly behind me, seeing as my mom has already left to work. I feel so bad for my mom! She is always working! I jog over to the car and slip into the drivers’ side and I bite a chunk of the apple off and chew it while I hold the apple in one hand and start the car up.

            As I get onto the road I head towards Reece’s home, eating my apple along the way. When I am almost there I check the time, we have like twenty minutes until school starts so that boy better be ready. As I pull into his driveway, I throw the car in park and step out of it. Walking up the long path way a breeze wipes through the cool air and sends some of the small pieces of hair left out flying across my family. I tug the leaves down in my hand and fold my arms gently over

            Once I reach the large door I reach out and lightly tap my hand on it, waiting for an answer. When I stay there and wait for someone to answer and I begin to bounce up and down waiting. “Ugh, hurry up!” I mutter as I continue to bounce. I don’t get this freaking weather! It goes from being like 50 almost 60 degrees to 30! I swear I am starting to think the Mother Nature is bi-polar.

            Finally the door swings open revealing Conner in a pair of plaid pajama pants and a white beater, his blond hair is a mess messy atop his head. “Reece, your girlfriends here!” he yells super loudly causing me to flinch. Girlfriend? Awe the sound of that makes my heart thump very quickly and butterflies burst lose in my stomach. “Finally you are here! Reece woke me up whining because he needed help picking out clothes! He wanted to look good for you! But now the kid won’t leave his room because he doesn’t trust me! I swear I do not get him! He’s all yours now, have fun,” Conner rants as he steps inside the house allowing me to pass him.