Chapter Forty-Five: Something's Up

Chapter Forty-Five

Payton’s POV

            Curling in a tight ball in my bed, I cry. The yelling echoes throughout my house. I can hear things being thrown, slamming against walls and screams. It does not help my fear knowing that my mother and father are alone down there. The tears stream down my face quickly, one after the next, this is my entire fault! If it wasn’t for me none of this would be happening. If I wasn’t born then my mom would have to go through this. If I was so ugly and worthless then he wouldn’t beat me.

            I cry harder my whole body shakes as the tears stream down my cheeks. When I cry so hard I begin to have an asthma attack. My chest tightens and I cannot breath. With shaky hands I reach over to my night stand and move my hand around trying to find something. Finally I find my inhaler and bring it to my lips inhaling the medicine. I put it back in its place as I try to calm down.

            My bed room door bursts open bouncing of the walk behind it. The large male figure nears me as I attempt to shrink away and become invisible. It does not work though. His steps slam against the ground as he inches towards me.            “Pl-please, n-no,” I beg as I continue to shake.

            “Shut up,” he spits out at me and I begin to cry again cover my face with my small arms. “Stop crying, you stupid baby,” he snarls as he reaches my bed gripping onto my shirt. He drags me up from the bed by my shirt.

            Drawling back a fist he begins hitting me and I cannot help but cry. I squeeze my eyes shut praying for him to stop. Then he keeps hitting until the world turns black.

_*_**___*_*_*_*_*

            I sit up straight in my bed breathing very heavily. Swept streams down my face and my hair is drench with sweat. I reach up and use my hand to knock the hair out of my face. I attempt to slow down my heart beat as I kick off the blanket from my legs and turn sitting my legs off the bed. Looking at the time I see that it is five in the morning. I might as well go and head take a shower, I decide as I stand up stretching.

            Dragging myself out of my room and down the hall to my bath room, I strip out of my sweaty clothes and turn on the shower making it nice and hot. Hot showers have always relaxed me, especially after my terrible nightmares. Stepping into the steam shower I allow it to fall down me allowing me to relax. I squirt shampoo into my hand and lather up my brown curls. I massage the shampoo deeply into my scalp wishing I could scrub away the haunting memories.

            Then, I rinse out my brown curls and conditioner in it now. I was my body last and then decide to just stand there and relax. After so long the water becomes cooler and my mind slowly begins to lose focus on my bad dream last night.