Chapter Forty-One: Clair Part One

Chapter Forty-One

Payton’s POV

            Leaving the consular’s office, I stuff my hand into my pockets and walk down the hall to English, where hopefully Jace was kind enough to take Reece to. As I twist the cool metal handle to the door, I pull it open walking inside the room. Inside my eyes scan over the full class, since the bell rang about fifteen minutes ago and it took longer than I excepted with the consular. Looking at all of the faces, I drop my note onto Mrs. Reed’s desk and then to my seat, Reece’s desk in empty. Where is Reece? I think as I scrunch up my face in confusion. Sitting down in my desk I remove my English book from within my book bag.

            “Payton we are reading one page 598, to yourselves,” Mrs. Reed informs me with a kind smile and I nod my head.

            I tap my fingers nervously as I attempt to read what is on the paper in front of me. Instead of actually being able to read it, I wind up reading the same sentence a billion times over.

            Where is Reece? Why is he not here? Is he okay? I ask myself worriedly. Deciding to take away some worry I pull out my cell phone from my pocket and sneakily hide my phone in my lap and pull up a new message to Reece<3.

 Me: Reece, are you okay? Where are you?

            I hit send and then slip my phone back into my jean pocket. Please let him ok! I seriously hope Jace isn’t dumb enough to leave his best friend, who’s blind, to find his own way to class. If he did I will kill that boy! I attempt to read again and it turns to a failure.

Reece<3: Angel I am fine, don’t worry about me. I am just talking to someone, Payton. It is all okay; I will be in next period. I love you.

            I smile brightly at the cute message and type back a quick ‘I love you too’ and then put my phone away. I am glad he is ok, but who could he possibly be speaking to? I groan, unable to read seeing as I have a new thing to worry about now.

            The ringing of the bell demising me from class, I shut my book a little hard and then stand up, stuffing my things into my book bag. As I toss my bag over my shoulder and head for the door leaving it and walking quickly to me next class wanting to see Reece, so that I know for sure he is ok. Reaching my next class room I walk inside and slip into one of the desks. Looking around I try to find Reece.

            Finally however I do catch him. He is smiling and nods his head to someone that is when my eyes land on the blonde hair as it bounces away. I clench my fist and bit me lip with holding my anger that is threatening to spill over.

            His cane taps the floor as he walks into the room and to his desk. I look up at his smiling face and roll my eyes that tear are threatening to spill out of. I know it was Clair, but why? Does he still have feelings for her? What did they talk about? I feel my stomach churn and I don’t feel that well.