Chapter Fifty-One: Special POV Chapter

Chapter Fifty-One

Georgia’s POV

            “Mommy,” Rayne says as she tugs on the bottom of my shirt. I stare down into her eyes as she smiles up at me.

            “What is it sweetie?” I ask her as I stroke her soft brown hair that she has pulled back in a green ribbon. She is wearing a pair of jeans and matching green shirt. She looks so cute and sweet. I smile at her softly.

            “Its daddy and me day!” she says very happily and I smile at her stroking the side of her head.

            “I know sweetheart,” I tell her as I shake my head lightly.

            “Sweetie, are you ready to go?” Leo calls as he enters the room. He runs a hand through his hair while spinning the keys around his finger.

            “Yeah daddy,” she says as she throws her arms around my waist. “I love you mommy,” she says and I hug her back smiling.

            “I love you too, sweetie,” I say as I kiss her fore head.

            “Go put on your shoes,” Leo tells her and she nods scurrying off. Leo walks over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. “Sorry we have leave so early, it’s a long drive,” he says as he reaches up and strokes my cheek softly. I stare up into his amazing eyes, that are still the same shade of green that they were years ago. I remember meeting Leo and falling in love. From the moment we met it was sparks like on the fourth of July. I was this damaged, scared girl, with trust issues, and even depression. Leo was my super hero. He is just so kind, sweet, warm hearted and funny. He always knew to cheer me up and bring a smile to my face.

            I know people talk about love fading as they grow old, but Leo’s and my love is just as strong today as it was twenty-three years ago. He makes me feel young and these past few months have been a struggle for us, but we push through it all. The struggles make our love stronger. The secret to lasting for ever and true love is when times get tough and you struggle, your love only continues to grow. When we first got together life was hard and I was something he wasn’t use to. I was troubled and depressed and quiet, he was outgoing, and charming. No one ever dreamed we would be together or last, but we did. Every time I look in his eyes I am taken back.

            Leaning forward I kiss him; his kisses can still manage to get to me after all of these years. “Have fun with Rayne, she needs a day that she doesn’t have to think about Reece’s problem,” I say gently as I rest my head in his neck and he rubs my back.

            “Will you be ok though?” Leo asks me and I force a smile and sigh.