Chapter Forty-Seven: The Call and the Promise

Chapter Forty-Seven

Payton’s POV

            “Wake up sleep head!” a girl’s voice sings and I peek open my heavy eyes to see a smiling Juliet standing over me.

            “W-what are you doing here?” I ask as I sit up rubbing my eyes. I look around Reece’s room and taking notice of his absent which makes confusion feel my head.

            “I live here,” she laughs as she rolls her blue eyes that remind me slightly of Reece’s. I smile lightly at her shaking my head and then groaning when I realize my hair is a big frieze ball. It is a great thing Reece cannot see at times like this. I mean my hair is always so bad in the mornings and I always look so pale.

            “I know that silly, I meant why are you waking me up and where is Reece?” I ask her as I stretch and a big smile appears on her face.

            “I am waking you up dear Payton because we are going shopping! And Reece is talking to my mom,” she says and my eyes widen. I don’t go shopping, mainly because I don’t have money and the other reason is no one to go with. My life is so pitiful, I know.

            “I don’t have any money,” I say softly ashamed especially I am around her or just in this big ol’ house. Sometimes I feel out of place around all this money and even angry because I am poor. But in the end all I have to do is take one look at Reece or even his family and I feel at home and not so bad about it. Juliet smiles shaking her head.

            “Oh Payton! It’s fine! It is all on Reece! It’s a Valentine’s Day present or well presents,” she says with a smile. I cannot accept this. This is too much and way to kind! I haven’t got him anything either! Dang it!

            “I can’t take spend his money and I didn’t get him anything,” I say shaking my head and yank my hand through my hair.

            “Oh yes you can and you don’t need to get him anything, because honestly you are the best thing he could get. So come on we are going my room to get ready and I’m lending you clothes,” she says and pulls the covers off of me and I climb out the bed. Suddenly Juliet begins to laugh. I raise an eyebrow in confusion. “No! Don’t tell me you to did it!!” Juliet cries and I sit there in confusion.

            Then, I look down at what I am wearing and a blush rises on my face as I stand there in Reece’s shirt with my panties underneath. “W-we didn’t! I swear!” I say quickly hold my hands up in surrender. Oh my gosh, how could she think that? Wait, I will admit this probably did not look to good so I can understand.

            Juliet throws her head back laughing. “I was just kidding with you!” she says smiling. “Now come one,” she adds and gestures for me to follow her. Sighing I follow her out of the door and down the hall, up the stair case, down another hall and into her room.