Chapter 73 - A New Year

Everyone loves icing on the cake.

The success of the Fashion Conference not only made Mark famous overseas, but also created a trend of traditional handicrafts in China. Countless online store sellers took the opportunity to launch their own handmade works.

There have been media reports about people with disabilities, who rely on their craft to lead active lives. There are also reports of old ladies with grey hair who have persevered with their craft all their lives and their finished products are amazing.

Traditional handicrafts have become popular through the Internet. Especially when news broke out that someone had invested a large sum of money and established a traditional handicraft support project, it attracted the attention of netizens. In traditional industries, many crafts have fallen into an embarrassing situation where there are no successors.

No one can be blamed for this, because people live in this world, they always have to eat and wear clothes. But if someone is willing to spend money to support and develop these projects, these crafts can have a chance to usher in spring.

Hua Jin was interviewed on a television programme and when the reporter asked her if she would continue with the embroidery, she nodded to the camera.

"Embroidery is an integral part of my life. For many people, the embroidery is just a product of their momentary amazement, but for me, it is life, perseverance and faith." Hua Jin smiled, "I am fortunate to have worked with Mr Mark and let people see my work, but there are many other embroiderers who are better than me, who are more skilled than me, who are quietly persevering in their craft."

"You are only twenty-five years old now and you have already wowed the world with your embroidery. For you, there are countless possibilities ahead, how do you feel about getting such an achievement?"

"Proud and happy at the same time, I guess, proud of our culture and being able to amaze the world, and happy for myself." Hua Jin smiled playfully, "After all, people like the luan bird pattern I embroidered, it's also a kind of recognition for me."

"Mr Mark says that it was you and the other embroiderers who made this success possible for him, what do you think?"

"I don't agree with him on that." Hua Jin shook her head, "Mr. Mark's design talent is obvious to all, before he worked with us, he was already a well-known designer in China. This success is a result of his years of hard work. And our traditional embroidery has added a few colours to his designs, a win-win situation at best, but definitely not us making him a success. In fact, I am grateful to him for making more people, see the beauty of embroidery and the beauty of traditional handicrafts, and it is he who has made us."

The reporter did not expect such humble thoughts from Hua Jin. Young, sensible and with the determination to stick to her craft, such a person could probably be a great success in whatever industry she pursues.

The interview was released a few days later to catch up with this recent wave of buzz.

On the day when the show was broadcast, Hua Jin was leaning on the sofa, holding a bowl and eating fruit with Pei Yan, looked at herself in the camera, and said to him, "I found myself quite photogenic."

"Well, you're the most beautiful in my heart." Pei Yan said while reaching for the fruit in Hua Jin's bowl, and was knocked away by Hua Jin's hand, "Robbing me again." .

" I'm all yours, what's wrong with eating a piece of your fruit?" Pei Yan took Hua Jin into his arms and made a move to stick out his tongue to lick it, and in her haste, Hua Jin gently bit his neck.

" Uh ......" Pei Yan covered his neck and stared at Hua Jin for a long time unable to say anything.

"Does the bite hurt?" Seeing that he didn't say anything, Hua Jin regretted a little and reached out to pull his hand that was covering his neck, "Show me."

Taking the pillow and putting it on her lap, Pei Yan blushed and turned his head and said: "I'm fine."

"It's really fine?" Hua Jin handed the bowl with the fruit to him, "Here, take it."

"Hua Xiaojin, don't coax me like a child." Pei Yan glared and turned his back to ignore her.

"So stingy?" Hua Jin bit into a piece of fruit, not intending to coax him into this petty problem. Whereas Pei Yan suddenly turned back to her and gave her a heavy kiss on her mouth, "I don't want to eat fruit now, I want to eat you."

Hua Jin blinked and said after a long time, " Eating people is against the law."

Pei Yan glanced at her, sighed and stopped talking. Hua Jin sat up straight from the sofa, turned her head and looked out the window, "It's getting colder and colder, is it going to snow?"

"After the new year is over and spring begins, I want to take you on a trip." Pei Yan turned to look at Hua Jin, , " Is that okay?"