Chapter 41: A Village

As the unexpected sight of Pei Yan's arrival caught Hua Jin off guard, she was surprised. Lately, she had been opening her shop a couple of hours earlier than usual to complete her customers' orders. According to the regular opening time, she wouldn't have been in the shop at this moment.

Glancing at the emotionally unstable girl, Hua Jin gestured for Pei Yan to sit at the counter for a while. Surprisingly, Pei Yan, who usually liked to banter with her, understood her meaning and silently sat behind the cash register.

"Love and life are sometimes difficult to distinguish right from wrong," Hua Jin handed two tissues to the girl, "You and he have chosen different paths and have different expectations for the future. Being together against your will might lead to conflicts and separation. Now that you have gone your separate ways, at least you still have some beautiful memories."

"Sorry, did I say too much?" Hua Jin smiled, placing a cup in front of the girl, "Have some water."

"No, thank you," the girl took the cup hesitantly, "Having you here to talk to me has lifted my mood a lot. I apologize for bothering you..."

Feeling a bit embarrassed for having shared so much with a stranger, she lowered her head to drink the water, hiding her inner embarrassment. Perhaps it was the comfortable atmosphere of this shop, or maybe it was the warm gaze of the beautiful shop owner, but unconsciously, she felt the desire to confide further, "Do you have someone you like?"

Pei Yan, sitting at the counter, turned his head towards them and then quickly turned it back.

"Me?" Hua Jin chuckled softly, "For me, the most important thing is embroidery. I want more people to like it and appreciate it."

"It's for the best. Love can be so hurtful," the girl stopped crying and felt much better. "Men may leave, but one's career and money won't. Even if you have love, you can't give up on yourself. You're so beautiful, don't let those lousy men hold you back."

Unexpectedly, the girl uttered such words. Hua Jin half-jokingly, half-seriously replied, "Thank you for calling me beautiful. Please rest assured, I won't easily give myself away to others."

The girl laughed at Hua Jin's response, covering her slightly swollen eyes. "I'm sorry for making a scene."

"Every love story is beautiful, regardless of its outcome. It's not a joke," Hua Jin smiled and said, "I wish you all the best in the future, may both love and career flourish."

"Thank you." The girl settled the final payment and noticed a white scar on Hua Jin's beautiful fair hand. It was a deep scar on her index finger, marring the perfection of her hand. "Do you really not have feelings for anyone?"

As soon as she asked the question, she realized her impoliteness.

One should never delve too deeply into personal matters with someone they barely know, maintaining a more distant relationship. She and the shop owner were merely in a customer-client relationship, not even knowing each other's names. This kind of question was too private, and she shouldn't have brought it up.

"I'm sorry..." she apologized, her face turning red.

"It's not really," Hua Jin didn't mind the girl's bluntness and gently smiled after a moment of recollection. "Not really."

Upon hearing Hua Jin's ambiguous response, the girl paused for a moment and stood up. She said, "I understand. There are many things in the world that are more important than romantic love. Emotions in the world go beyond just romantic love."

She hadn't fully understood this before.

"Shop owner, thank you," the girl sincerely expressed her gratitude. "I wish your store prosperity and more people falling in love with embroidery. May your wishes come true."