Chapter 27 - Best Friend?

"Bring the brewed tea to the journalist in front of me." Hua Jin glanced at the entrance and noticed that the tightly wrapped female customer had already left. It seemed that her decision not to greet her after the journalist arrived was correct.

In this bustling city, everyone has their own secrets. As a shop owner, it is against professional ethics to be overly curious about customers' privacy.

"Hello, this is my press pass." Sun Ya had made various preparations before coming. She had been in the field for less than two years and had already encountered all kinds of interviewees—those who spoke extremely, those who couldn't utter a word in front of the camera, those who refused to be on camera no matter what, or those who asked how much they would be paid.

The more people she met, the more composed she became in the face of different individuals and situations. She took a sip of tea and said, "I apologize for intruding like this. Our program was established to promote positive energy in society and uplift the social atmosphere. We learned about Mr. Guo's story and his deceased wife online, so we helped him take care of the funeral arrangements and provided educational support for his child. From him, we learned that during his most difficult times, he received help from two kind-hearted individuals—one being an internet celebrity and the other being you. Can you talk about why you were willing to put in so much effort and energy to create such a beautiful embroidered piece for a poor person?"

Only now did Hua Jin realize that they had come for the embroidered piece. The events that happened a few months ago had become somewhat blurry to her, and she didn't expect journalists to come specifically to interview her about it.

Facing the camera, she remained silent for a few seconds before saying, "Perhaps because I myself come from a poor rural area, I can better understand how rare it is for a husband with poor financial conditions to be willing to spend so much money on seeking medical treatment for his wife at a major hospital."

Sun Ya thought Hua Jin would say she was moved by the couple's affection or take the opportunity to elevate her own character, but she didn't expect her response to be like this.

"The value of a person's heart cannot be measured by money, but it is rare for a man to be willing to sacrifice all his money for his wife, even willing to incur debts for her. And despite the hardships they both endure, they insist on educating their child and broadening his horizons. The child feels for his parents and works part-time during vacations to lighten the family's burden." Hua Jin smiled. "I'm not moved by this affection, but I admire this family. In this world, there are countless families like this—perhaps not wealthy, but very warm."

"I admire them, and I envy them."

As a journalist, Sun Ya was sensitive to others' emotions. Listening to Hua Jin's words, she instinctively speculated that this lady might have had an unhappy upbringing or a lack of familial affection.

Rather than pursuing this line of questioning further, Sun Ya continued, "Mr. Guo said he didn't know the true value of the embroidered piece initially. It was only later, as he gradually stabilized emotionally, that he went out to investigate and realized that the so-called principal you collected was just a small amount compared to the price of a bedding set. If it weren't for Mr. Guo's deliberate inquiry, your good deeds would never be known in a lifetime. Is it worth it?"

"There's nothing about worth or not worth it. As they say in TV dramas... the most important thing in life is to be happy." Hua Jin laughed at herself first. "I have little financial pressure, my parents have passed away,

"Of course, I don't mind," Hua Jin said, standing up. "Please."

The cameraman was a bit surprised. Originally, they didn't plan to promote Fuhua Studio, but since his partner had spoken, he chose a few good angles and included shots of the embroidered products in the store.