Chapter 43: Turning Green

"Finding a man is not just about looks. If someone is not as good-looking as you, it doesn't mean they're not good-looking at all," Hua Jin remained silent for a few seconds, then smiled and said, "You're the only one I have. Where can I find someone better than you?"

She clearly complimented herself with that statement, but it made Pei Yan feel uncomfortable. He scoffed, "Seems like you also know that it's not easy to find a man like me, so you settle for second best."

"Yes, yes," Hua Jin nodded, looking helpless. "You're a cloud in the sky, and I'm a toad on the ground. I don't dare to have any extravagant hopes."

Pei Yan opened his mouth, wanting to say that he didn't mind her being a toad, but as he looked at her indifferent smile, he couldn't bring himself to utter those words.

She simply didn't care about him.

Realizing this issue clearly, Pei Yan felt like he had fallen into an icy cave, the cold reaching from his head to his feet. He tightly gripped the steering wheel, his expression indifferent as he stared straight ahead, no longer speaking. The car fell into an unusual silence.

During the journey, Pei Yan glanced at Hua Jin, who was leaning against the seat with her eyes closed, unsure if she was asleep or just pretending. He slowly retracted his gaze and adjusted the temperature in the car a little higher.

When he reached the entrance of Tan Yuan Community, Pei Yan called out to Hua Jin, "Hua Jin, we've arrived."

Hua Jin opened her eyes, her gaze clear without a trace of drowsiness. When her eyes met Pei Yan's, her eyes curved into crescent moons. "Thank you."

"Get off," Pei Yan no longer looked at her, got out of the car, and handed her the cake that was placed on the back seat. "Remember to take care of your knee, I'll call you in advance."

"Okay," Hua Jin took the cake. "Goodbye."

"See you next time." Pei Yan watched as Hua Jin left, leaning against the car. He took out his phone and glanced at the missed call notification before dialing back. "Hello, what's up?"

"I understand."

Arriving at Yang Shao's residence, Pei Yan looked at Chen Jiang, who was huddled in the corner of the game room, but ignored him. He turned to Yang Shao and said, "Don't always call me for game live-streaming sessions."

"Pei Ge, this game is a joint development project between you and my family. It's about to enter the public testing phase. We should take this opportunity to promote it," Yang Shao adjusted the camera. "Same as before, you just need to show your hands."

In recent years, Yang Shao occasionally live-streamed games to create an online presence, giving the impression that "rich second-generation" also played games. Sometimes, he would invite a group of "rich second-generation" friends to join and cheer, satisfying the curiosity of netizens about the lives of wealthy individuals.

Among the group of friends, Pei Yan was the most popular because of his pleasant voice and good-looking hands, even though he had only live-streamed twice.

"The marketing team has also been informed. We'll edit a segment of this live-stream video to generate more buzz," Yang Shao opened his computer. "Unfortunately, there was no advance notice for this live-stream, so your loyal fan might not come to donate."

Sometimes, to create a buzz, he would generously donate to others. But he never expected that someone would generously donate to him, specifically mentioning it was for Pei Yan.

During the two live-streams, that loyal fan had donated several tens of thousands to Pei Yan. For them, that amount of money wasn't much, but for many ordinary people, it was already a significant sum. Pei Yan remembered that at the time, many netizens flooded the chat with mockery, calling that person a fool, saying they were foolishly donating to a "rich second-generation" despite struggling to make ends meet.