Chapter 45: Blooming Flowers

"Oh my, just as I suspected, what friends..." Grandma Chen chuckled as she leaned over the balcony, peeling peanuts with a mischievous smile. "Young people these days are so thin-skinned, we, the experienced ones, have seen it all."

"That young man is really handsome, with rosy lips and white teeth. Hua Jin, you shouldn't miss out on him," added a lady from the third floor. "He looks even better than the stars on TV."

"Is he a local? And how well do his parents get along? Let me tell you, when marrying a man, it's not just about him, but also about his family. If you end up with a difficult mother-in-law, you'll have a hard time with your petite frame," another neighbor, who lived next to Grandma Chen, chimed in. "You must find out all these details."

"Yes, yes, that's right..."

Listening to the neighbors chattering away, Hua Jin covered her face and hurriedly entered the building, running into her own apartment. She was afraid that if she stayed any longer, these ladies would start teaching her 108 ways to handle a husband.

Hua Jin threw herself onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. After a while, she chuckled softly and rolled around in bed, holding onto the blanket.

"Ah, ah, ah..."

She had actually agreed to Pei Yan's pursuit without any hesitation or reservation. It was a complete oversight on her part.

After rolling around, she opened the recorded video and got up, turning on the laptop on the desk. The laptop had been used for two or three years and had poor ventilation, making wheezing sounds as it started up.

She saved the video in multiple places, even making a backup on a USB drive. With a contented smile, Hua Jin watched the enlarged video on the computer. She hadn't lied to Pei Yan; in her eyes, he truly was the most handsome man in the world.

He was so good-looking that he seemed to emit a radiant glow.

Parking the car in the garage, Pei Yan turned on the overhead light and leaned back in his chair, taking out his phone and posting a photo of delicious food.

Pei: Only I can tolerate your eating habits like this. [Photo]

In the top right corner of the food photo, a fair and slender hand was revealed. The hand was bare of any jewelry, but anyone could tell it belonged to a woman.

This affectionate moment shared on the social media platform was not restricted to any specific group. Anyone who was friends with Pei Yan could see it. Within a few minutes, the post received numerous likes and comments.

It was Pei Yan, the emotionally unpredictable Pei Yan, showing affection on social media. Did someone hack his WeChat account?

After closing the car door and returning to the living room, Yang Shao immediately called.

Pei Yan looked at the caller ID, leaned back on the sofa, and answered the call. Today, he was in a good mood and could spare a few more words.

"Mhmm, I'm in a relationship."

"You guessed it right, it's her."

"Why?" Pei Yan raised an eyebrow. "I like her, so we're together."

Upon hearing this explanation, Yang Shao's mood became complicated. When he mentioned Hua Jin's charm before, Pei Yan brushed it off as nothing special. Little did he know that they would become a couple while he remained alone, feeling miserable and lonely.

Men, they're all big boors, none of their words are true.

"I didn't expect you to act so quickly," Yang Shao said with a smirk. "Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness and early arrival of noble children."