Chapter - 16 Misunderstanding

"Ah Yan also likes panda handkerchiefs?" The old lady looked at Pei Yan with a smile, "Then I'll give you this one."

Pei Yan wanted to say, he is a big man, what is the point of carrying a handkerchief with him.but seeing the old lady acting like a child that had found some delicious candy that she'd like to share with her friends, he simply swallowed the refusal he was about to utter and neatly folded the handkerchief and put it in his pocket before saying, "Thank you, aunt, how did you know I like this handkerchief?"

"Aiya, I have eaten more salt than you have eaten rice, what do you young children like that I can't tell?" Having her younger generation appreciate what she likes made the old lady in a good mood and at lunch, without any persuasion from the family, she drank an extra half bowl of nourishing soup.

After eating, Yang Shao wanted to coax the old lady to take a nap, but he didn't know that the old lady was in exceptionally good spirits today, pulling him and Pei Yan to talk about her childhood.Remembering how Pei Yan did not want to say a word to the Chen brothers, Yang Shao looked at Pei Yan worriedly.

The old lady, however, was not aware of her grandson's worries, and she gently patted the back of Pei Yan's hand: "You look like your great-grandfather, you are blessed with a fortunate life."

 Hearing this statement, Pei Yan couldn't really smile. He had lost his father and mother when he was young so he grew up under his grandfather's guardianship. Seven or eight years ago, after his grandfather had passed away, he was able to build a life that allowed him to make sure no one in his family would go hungry. So it was really difficult for him to say if he was really lucky or not.

Since the old lady said he was blessed, then he considered himself blessed.

 "You youngsters live in a good era, as you can live safe and secure lives. There are even cars and planes available when you want to travel for fun when you find yourselves having nothing to do." The old lady's gaze gradually seemed to drift into the past, "In my day, many had to hide just to live. Every night, both the young and middle-aged had to keep vigil at the entrance of the village, as life during that time was full of fear and uncertainty. Even after so many years, I still would wake up to the sound of a plane, even in my dreams, fearing that the invaders were going to do an air raid."

"Grandma." Yang Shao was a little uneasy, recently his grandmother always recalled the old days and her health condition was getting worse, which made her can't help but think more.

"What's wrong with you kid, don't always interrupt when the elders are talking to the guests." The old lady glared at Yang Shao, in high spirits.

Hearing her scold him like this, Yang Shao suddenly felt relieved. 'To be able to scold me like this, it shows she's in good health.'

The old lady babbled for two or three hours, and Pei Yan sat on the sofa and chatted with the old lady for two or three hours.When he left, the old lady warmly welcomed him to visit her home often, and also gave him two more panda handkerchiefs.

After being sent off, Yang Shao followed him closely, eyeing the three handkerchiefs and looking a bit uneasy, "What happened? Are you following me to ask for the handkerchiefs back?"

"Brother Pei, are you kidding me? Am I that kind of person? How much can these few handkerchiefs costs-" Halfway into his sentence, Yang Shao suddenly widened his eyes, "Oh no! I forgot to pay!"

As his mind kept replaying the scene where he hugged the box and ran away, Yang Shao was suddenly surrounded by an aura of embarrassment. What would that beautiful embroiderer think of him when he did such a thing?