51. ultimate shot (pt. ii)

song:
Meet you at the graveyard by Cleffy

song: Meet you at the graveyard by Cleffy

THE UNSTEADY steps to a huge success always lead to endless streams of downfall

THE UNSTEADY steps to a huge success always lead to endless streams of downfall. I am a man with sheer determination but when it comes to love, I falter away.

Watching Aurora squeezing my body tightly right in front of Caterina is just the unsteady step I had taken earlier. My body is betraying any sort of energy I have after killing Maxim. So, I give half of my weight upon Aurora but as my eyes linger on Caterina to find any surprised expression, blank is the only answer I get from her.

"Caterina." I wince holding my rib cage area as I remember the powerful punch made by Maxim. Aurora soon tries to soothe me but she isn't the one I need now, the one I want is right in front of me with bare hands.

She looks at our joined hands and then at me. "Aristide." I wince when she uses my real name instead of her given one. Why isn't she calling me Leone? Is it because of Aurora? I take a few steps back from her and look at Caterina as if waiting for her approval but she doesn't speak.

I sigh turning to look at Aurora who has a hurt expression. "What are you doing here?"

She glances behind and then at me. "We had an anonymous call and the one offered the location. So, we soon traced it and found you." She turns back and goes to hug Caterina. "Thank you so much for saving him. We all owe you."

Caterina's hands form a fist but don't hug back. She stands stiff and looks lost. "Aurora-"

She turns back with that usual glint of knowingly. "Yes?"

"Did you come alone? Where are the others?" I search around.

She kisses my lips and says, "They are already here."

I take a step back, "Don't kiss me." Just when I am about to finish the rest, the troops arrived. One after the other hugs me and comments to me to come back.