47. peace

song
Loyalty by Daniel di Angelo

songLoyalty by Daniel di Angelo

I WATCH how the birds sit on one of the branches near my window

I WATCH how the birds sit on one of the branches near my window. But what still makes my body run cold even if the warm embrace from certain someone is the fact that Susanne is someone I am blown away but it can't be only her to extract so much of my inner information and that means someone from our inner circle exploited the trade.

I straighten my body and when I am about to call Monica, Aristide pulls me closer to him. I chuckle, tilting my head slightly to look at his glorious figure, more like being a creep, and stare at him. "I feel the privilege to be your muse." He murmurs and I burst out laughing. He opens an eye to peek at me and then offers his genuine smile. He slightly lifts to peck my lips and asks, "What were you doing?"

I sigh. "Calling Monica to extract a few dirty pages about Dr. Russo."

"Don't you feel the smell of betrayal around her? I still can't believe what I saw."

I rest my head against the headrest. "Now thinking of her silence and with no pay in return confirms many suspicions I had earlier."

He shakes his head. "No, I mean, don't you feel the heaviness in your heart that she was the person who cured you? That she was the one that is connected to your past?"

I smirk. "I am a little disappointed but more proud of her hidden agenda. I was about to cross-connect Adora and Dr. Russo's report. After all, I had already run a background check on individual ones even though it took nearly a month but I am glad that the spike wasn't painful."

He nods but his eyes reflect like he is in deep thought. I try to tickle his tummy but fail to do so but when he does mine, I burst out laughing as if it's my first time understanding what laughter is.

"What will you do if I somehow betray you?" My laugh takes its rest and I look up at him.

On a serious note, I say to him, "Then it will be our last time to see each other."

He furrows his brows. "No revenge?"

I shrug. "I don't know. Probably when I feel bored I will put the thought into action but not during the course. Don't need to worry, you are near to the green sector."