27. damage 🌶

song:

Damage by Teflon Sega

song:⇣➙Damage by Teflon Sega

LORD HAVE MERCY OVER US. The lines echoed the battlefield as many swore to die and few to stand behind the others like cowards. She was a combatant sharpened by her master to win the ground but what she lagged was a notice that she was being used. Used by her master to save him from the world. To die to let him live for another day.

Another second, another soldier, another team, another battle, and other lives leaving the world.

I was a soldier who toyed nicely until the date provided by God expired and the man die leaving the world and me with his mess. For him, others close to my heart got noticed, targeted, and brutally banished from the earth. I was next, but unlike my father, I stand in front of them to lessen the blood bath and take me, kill me, and let me dive into deep slumber without any help of sleeping pills.

But I got love, dangerous emotions that let the others think they did the best to stand in front of their loved ones to save them. But what's the use of standing in front of them when the next moment you know you will be in Heaven eating puffins watching your loved ones mingling with the rest?

I am selfish. Maybe, I am just a bit too much but that's what I am.

But now, looking at Aristide who is peacefully taking his nap resting his head at the crook of my neck makes me wonder why did he take the bullet that was meant for me? Is it any form of warm greetings? Or just a procedure to lure me into his made trap? Hot breaths fanned my neck causing me to shudder deliberately as I watched him, more like his thick lashes.

I sighed throwing my head back on the headrest and scanning the sleeping beauty. My fingers wriggle getting close to the long hair of his that soon will reach his shoulder. I slowly pull the rubber band that is loosely tied to his hair cascading a thick volume of the black river.

Everything in him screams black.

I gently take strands of his hair threading them together from the sides to the center and forming a small bun securing it with the rubber band. He groggily opens his eyes facing the position accepted only for lovers. Me straddling his lap and his head in the gap between my neck and head.

I cough lowly breaking the trance and sitting beside the seat but he pulls me back to the earlier position that I take for tying his hair. "You smell heavenly."

Just because I achieve the platform of neutral expression that doesn't mean that my inner self will be cold. They bloom like dandelions making me doubt upon myself whether I took someone else body or if it was still mine.

I quickly take a sniff underneath my armpits and smell nothing.

"Capo, we arrived." With much force against my body that wants to be a koala and wrap around Aristide, I succeed in pulling myself out.