38. hunted

song

nightmare by plenka

song↯➙nightmare by plenka

MY MUSCLES flex as I look around with my head being the greatest pain in arse

MY MUSCLES flex as I look around with my head being the greatest pain in arse. I have to blink rapidly in order to remove any blury image from my sight. "You shouldn't have drank." The voice booms in my ears making me wince in pain.

Someone hands me a tablet and a glass of water and I drink it at one go along with the tablet. The scenery somehow manages to lessen it's haziness and I see Bianca and her daughter Vittoria, who smiles shyly at me.

"I apologize for that but didn't know that two glasses of wine can do that harm." I say.

She narrows her eyes. "Didn't drink in your lifetime?"

I nod. "I did but they were mild. Last night was too strong."

"And yet you had."

I shrug. "I guess listening from a stranger that your mother died will definitely put you in coma of drinking wine."

Bianca places a small plate of toast. "Brush your teeth and then have it." I nod. I stand and my feet wobbles as I walk toward the bathroom side. Vittoria giggles from behind.

"What's so funny, V?"

"A, you are in wrong side. The door is on the other." I turn to find that she is indeed right and then something clicks in my mind.

"Where are we?"

"Took you too long, huh?" This time Bianca asks. I shrug casually as I wait for her reply. She shakes her head as if contemplating why she is in this position. "We are being shifted to another room. Today we will be separated and departed to different places in order to lose Ivanov's track on us."

The words register slowly in my brain. I have to again create a map of the new place and a hidden escape that I found here. "Why?"

She again narrow her brows. "Are you kidding me? Don't you remember anything from yesterday?" When I nervously shake my head she groans. "Ivanov attacked us."

"How?" I ask.

She fold her arms and glares at me. "Capo said you had a tracker device and with the help of it they found out this place."