03. celebration

Do you like pets?

author's note:
you're requested to kindly vote, comment and follow me to be alerted by the messages related to my books

song:
Murder in my mind by kordhell

song: Murder in my mind by kordhell

THE DAY YOU WERE BORN is the best time anyone can have yet here I am sitting beside my dead mother sipping wine

When I was a child I would peep through the window and watch children of my age shouting and howling in joy. They would wear cone caps on their heads, music blasting through speakers, a huge cake being cut by the birthday person and a wish they pray they shall get while I prayed for the time to arrive where I too can taste those heavenly freedom.

The invisible shackles halted my steps, pushed me down with so much of force not to convey the passer by to at least release me from the cage. Just like a werewolf who is being killed by a wolfsbane I was killed by the lack of warmth. The care of a mother can shield her child from the evil godfather but here I am being trapped by the devil in disguise herself.

I expected my life to change but on my eighteenth birthday Dante gave me the entire kingdom of darkness. The only color I hate the most, red. The sight of blood splashed on the carpeted floor on my birthday made me realized that the wish I asked for came with a token of extra gifts.

Cosa Nosta
Omerta
Enemies
Illegal activities
Murder

And what not. Dante retired from his position and after a year died due to cardiac arrest. I thought I would feel peaceful but no, that old man had to die during the most crucial moment of my time. I had to learn how to rule, sit and act but all he did was to sip wine.

17th May, my birthday date, the day where only bad things happen. People from mafia community refused to grant me the position of the inheritance to mafia throne. I fought and fought to prove my worth even losing the love of my life, Christian Gray.