Chapter 4, SANTA IS MY DAD!?

I just looked at Bernard like he ate a bowl of dirt. Santa, MY FATHER. This was completely all stupid...Is this elf ok?! I kept saying to myself in my head, 'he just got hit in the head...yeah, that's all...'

Dad must have been thinking the exact same thing, he quickly ended up following Bernard like a poor little puppy. "I'm not Santa! I've had a rough night! There's been dogs barking, guns gone off!!! Look, my back is killing me...have you ever tried to shove a sea kayak down a chimney? I'm tired of the small talk!"

Soon, the elves stopped what they were doing and began to stare at my dad as though he murdered their entire family. I instantly realised what my father said was possibly a little offensive, so I kicked him before he understood what he had said.

Dad took a quick look at each elf. "I'm sorry."

Bernard turned around to look at my dad but noticed me. He gently loosened his harsh expression. "And you are?" 

I smiled a tiny bit. "I-I, I'm Y/N..." I looked down towards my feet. "S-sorry, I am r-really cold."

The elf chuckled a bit. "It's fine, you are in the North Pole after all. Nice to meet-"

Dad cut in, and protectively put his hand on my shoulder. "She's my daughter."

Bernard spoke again. "Thank you, as I was saying...Nice to meet you Y/N!" Holding his hand out for me to shake.

I shook it, and showed a faint blush. His hands were soft and warm. "Y-you too."

"Can you please explain what is going on here, Bernerd?" 

"Bernard." I muttered.

"Whatever."

"Dod?"

"It's dad." Dad corrected.

"Whatever." I giggled.

"You put on the suit, right?" Before turning back and walking away, Bernard grinned to himself while shaking his head.

"Wait a minute!" Dad chased the elf, and I just followed along while trying not to laugh at how my father was bothering practically everyone. "Hey! I know how this is going, it wasn't my fault! The other guy fell...it was an accident. I've got home owner's insurance and a...good attorney! Not as good as my ex wife's but let's not open up the wound!"

Bernard led us along a hallway that was lined with a variety of sweet food decorations etc. I remember the stained glass doors leading to various chambers, as my (ec) eyes were in awe of everything. I looked around and took it all in. I grinned at everything like a small child. "Wow, I'm going to wake up soon...aren't I?" I muttered to myself so no one could here me, I was absolutely petrified at the same time, do they know that I was probably on the Naughty List? That was what scared me.

When Bernard didn't answer, dad continued to talk and became agitated. He turned him around by grabbing his shoulder. "Hold on a minute, how did you know the other guy was gone?"

Bernard took a deep breath. "Can I get you a drink?"

"No, No I don't want a drink." Dad said.

"I'm thirsty...and hungry too!" Charlie announced, walking up to us.

"Where'd you' go buddy?" I asked, smiling at him.

Charlie smiled back. "I went to go pet Comet!"

I giggled. "Of course you did." I began ruffling up his hair.

Bernard grinned. "Who's this?"

"This is my son, Charlie." Dad explained, before he crouched down next to Charlie. "I'm sorry Charlie, This, this is uhh..." He stammered for a moment.