Chapter 19. Dad Finds Out 2 (BAD) Things

Dad looked at her suspiciously and placed his reading glasses on his eyes. 

"It's Charlie..."

"Sheen!? I thought he straightened out!"

I facepalmed, even I got it quicker than he did. AND I'M JUST AN ELF!

Judy sighed. "Not that Charlie..."

Bernard's eyes flicked back and forth from Dad and Judy, Judy and dad. My dad didn't speak for a hot second, as he was reading the list. "My Charlie? My son, Charlie?" He asked in disbelief. "He's on the Naughty List!?" Scanning Judy's face waiting for it to be a joke. I quickly ran up and snatched the list to see it for myself. "Whoever planned this, made and excellent joke!" I nervously chuckled. "It is a joke o-or a mistake right?" I could never imagine my little, sweet, kind brother on the Naughty List. Sure, he could be annoying but honestly he is the kindest person I know!

"We don't make mistakes." Judy said, shaking her head in a very upset way. "I'm sorry Santa and Y/N...please excuse me..." She walked off.

I now walked back up to Bernard, I was shaking. I didn't really know why.

You could see it in dad's eyes, he was extremely upset by the whole thing. "How could this happen? Was this what you guys were trying to tell me."

The door flung open in the speed of light. There was Curtis. "GREAT! You told him, lets get you dressed for the meeting!" He spoke with relief.

Dad shook his head oh-ever-so-slightly. "I can't have the meeting here, I need to go see Charlie."

Bernard turned round and looked at Curtis. "Tell him."

Curtis looked slightly confused. "I thought you told him?"

I frowned. "No we didn't, but do you really think telling him now is a good time? I mean, I only found out a couple of days ago."

"Tell me what guys?" Dad grumpily said, he sounded more than annoyed.

Curtis sighed to get ready for telling dad. "Santa, there's a Clause."

Dad looked at him with a confused expression then at me then at Bernard then back at Curtis. "That would be me."

"No, I mean there's another Clause." Curtis said.

"That would be Y/N?" Dad looked at me.

I just stood there like an awkward goose.

"Yes, but there's another Santa Clause."

"Curtis, there's loads of mall Santa's around this time of year."

"No, there was a first Clause. But there was also a second Clause, now third, Because of Y/N. When the last Santa Claus fell off your roof and you put on his coat, you found this." Curtis held up a card that reminded me of the night dad became Santa and when I met Bernard.

Dad nodded like it was common knowledge. "Right. He who wears the coat, takes the responsibilities of the Santa Claus...or something like that whatever. And of course, the rest would be history, right?"

"But is seems, our number 2 elf, the keeper of the handbook. Overlooked THE MOST SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT DETAIL IN THE HISTORY OF CHRISTMAS!!"

I took Bernard's hand to calm him down. Which he did. He held very tightly onto my hand, he seemed quite angry at all this...I held his hand tighter whenever he held mine tighter. I looked at him as he looked at me. I gently rubbed my thumb over his knuckles and his grip tightened "Calm down." I said.

Dad rolled his eyes. "No love while I'm here."

I scoffed. "And what was the reason?" I asked dad.

"Wow. First mistake in 900 years." Curtis looked at Bernard with an expressionless face.

Bernard let go of my head and gave Curtis an angry stare before he turned around to grab a magnifying glass. "Look."

"I can't see that."

Bernard pulled a magnifying glass that was a little bit bigger. "Better now?"

"Uhhhhhhh."

"Or now?" He adjusted it to an even bigger magnifying glass.

"Well..."

He did the same as last time and Bernard seemed to be getting fed up by it. "Or now?"

"It's getting there."

"Now?"

Dad sighed. "I can't see anything."

Bernard sighed and pulled up a mega-mega-MEGA sized magnifying glass.

Dad appeared to be satisfied. "I see...good, good." He looked to see the writing that was on the card. Bernard and Curtis peered around dad's shoulder while I just waited there. "The cardholder acknowledgments a woman of his choosing...true love! Not valid in the state of Utah...Holy." Dad leaned his head closer to the text. "MATRIMONY!!??" Dad yelled. "I GOTTA GET MARRIED!?"

Bernard sighed and nodded. "It's the Mrs Claus."

Dad scoffed. "What if I don't want to get married?"