Chapter 18. What About Him?

Me and Bernard were with dad in the Santa suite. We were wondering how we were going to tell dad about the Mrs Claus.

Dad looked at himself in the mirror and looked at his pants mainly. "That's weird isn't it?" Dad said. "They fit yesterday."

As Bernard helped dad put on the Santa coat, Abby one of the elves who made hot chocolate entered the room. "Hot cocoa for you Santa." She spoke.

"Now is not a good time." Bernard said.

I walked up to Bernard and whispered to him. "Don't be so rude."

Judy ignored him. "I sent Dasher down for some Brazilian Cocoa beans." She said in her sweet voice, placing the tray on the desk.

Dad put on a smile and walked to his desk. "What's the bad news?"

I turned to face Bernard and mouthed. "You told him?"

Bernard shook his head and then mouthed. "This one is probably about Charlie."

I stared at him. "Charlie?" I mouthed.

"Don't worry Snowflake." He mouthed, turning his head back to dad.

"What do you mean?" Judy asked.

"Whenever you play the designer bean card you have bad news."

Judy's face dropped. She then took out the Naughty and Nice list.

My eyes widened and turned to Bernard. "Is he on the-" I mouthed.

Bernard nodded and sighed.

Dad snatched the list from her. "What are you doing with the Naughty and Nice list?"

"Just don't shoot the messenger..."