Chapter 6. Christmas Morning

I woke up to bright sun, my mind suddenly remembered what happened last night. "Wow, that was a weird dream." I rubbed my eyes and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. My hair was down which it was in my dream. "It probably came out in my sleep." I chuckled to myself. I reached for the toothbrush. And the keychain was on my hand. I screamed and ran downstairs. 

I looked through the window and saw dad going crazy in the snow so I ran downstairs. "Dad, what on earth are you doing!?"I facepalmed. "IT'S LIKE 15 MINUS DEGREES"

Dad whipped his head around. "Y/N!!! I DIDN'T KILL SANTA LAST NIGHT AND BECOME HIM DID I!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!????!??!"

"Well...yes."

Dad groaned. "Nahh, I refuse to believe it." Dad went back inside and I followed he fell on the sofa. I just stood up and then fell down.

Unwrapping gifts rapidly was Charlie's current activity, dad was breathing heavily and I was just staring at the ceiling.

Charlie stared at us with a slight worry. "You guys ok?"

"Yeah, Never Better." Still looking at the ceiling I told him.

"Yeah...I'm fine." while exhaling heavily, he said.

"Are you having a heart attack? I know CPR." Charlie assured him.

"No, I just..." Dad paused as he checked his pyjamas again. He kept a long, hard look fixed on them. "S.C" He spoke. Reading the initials. 

"Yeah! Santa Claus." As if it were the most obvious thing in the world, Charlie said. "Hey, same initials as your name, dad. 'Scott Calvin.'" My younger brother used his finger to trace the letters.

"What?"

The doorbell then rang, unexpectedly. "That'll be mum, I'll get it." I then got up the floor, the doorbell rang again. "Ugh! I'm coming!"

"Merry Christmas! Mum." I smiled. 

"Merry Christmas to you to." She smiled back.

"Did you have a good time?" She asked. Charlie ran over unwrapping a present. "Great time! The best!" Hr exclaimed running back to the living room to open more presents. 

"Great!" Mum chuckled. She noticed dad walking into the main hall with Charlie's scooter. "Scott...nice PJs, very festive. Where'd you' get them?"

"I-I d-don-don't k-know." 

I looked at him like he was an idiot. (At this point he kinda was.

"Judy gave them to you!" Charlie exclaimed.

I probably haven't met Judy so in a confused way I said. "Who on earth is Judy?"

"Judy...really?" Mum said. 

"Who?" Dad looked at his son.

"Up at the North Pole." Charlie smiled.

"Ah, one of Santa's little helpers." Mum simply said.

Before Charlie excavated dad's grave any further, I swooped in immediately to try to recover what I can.

"Umm, no! What Charlie means, is that at work they gave out pyjamas a few years back. And Judy gave him those ones." I crossed my arms.

"Y/N, don't be rude."

"What!?"

Charlie stared at me. "No, Last night." Charlie turned to face mum. "What I'm saying...that dad is Santa." He looked back at me again. "Remember? The reindeers, the elves, the sleigh and that's all I can remember."

Mum forced a smile and looked at dad. "Wow, thanks for keeping his feet on the ground."

"AND ME!!" I shouted.

"Y/N, your 18."

"Oh wow, I didn't know that!" I shouted

Mum ignored me. "Charlie, go wait in the car." I stared at mum with an evil stare. "So when do I go in the car?"

Mum laughed. "I thought you were going to Daniel-"

"He cheated on me" I shouted running to the car. Almost crying.