Chapter 46. Absolute Chaos

I was busy doing my work, but when an elf came over. "Y/N?"

I turned my head slightly. "Yes?"

An elf pointed to the Naughty And Nice machine where it was going mental. "I'll get Bernard!" I got out of my chair and ran as fast as I could.

"Bernard!!!" I exclaimed. "We have a problem!!!" 

Bernard stood up. "What?"

I grabbed his arm and ran to the workshop, it was 100x worse. Teddy bears flying, conveyor belts about 40x the speed they should go, Naughty And Nice list was going mental, rapping paper falling, dolls hitting elves in heads, all the elves were screaming as loud as they could and even Curtis was running faster then the conveyor belts.

I turned to Bernard. "This isn't good."

He nodded. "In my 1600 years of living, it's never been this bad." He didn't do anything for about 40-50 seconds but stare.

He then turned to an elf. "Go get Santa!"

I was just in shock.

After just looking at all this mess, Bernard lost it. "WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL WHAT IN THE ACTUAL NAME OF ST NICK IS GOING ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I NEED AN ANSWER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Bernard screamed.

The elves all stopped.

He sighed and you could tell he was really stressed and angry.

"Calm down." I spoke.

He turned to me. "HOW!?"

I held his hand and he turned to an elf. "You! GET THE FIRE ELVES!!!!"

The elf nodded, we all knew Bernard was fun when he was angry.

He then turned to all the elves. "Sort all the toys that are on the ground into 2 piles, a pile for toys that can be fixed and another pile for the broken toys, beyond prepare."

The elves searched the room and I joined, I caught in the corner of my eye, Bernard telling Curtis to do something.

I then saw a toy I made, a barbie doll, it was burnt and half the hair was ripped out, the shoes were missing and the dress was ripped. It reminded me of when I was younger and someone at school ruined it, my leg began freezing up so I stood up and put the doll into the pile and I sighed. "I'm sorry, you didn't deserve this." I spoke to the doll, like it was an actual human. "You'll stay in here for now." I then realised something, I picked up the doll and put it into my pocket. "No one will mind if I try to fix you." I smiled, then I noticed dad entered the room, in complete shock.

The machine finally shut down, Curtis sprinted up to dad. "Sir, sir, sir!"

I walked up, my hands were full of ashes that were from toys.

Dad sighed. "Curtis, stop. If your going to tell me our entire facility is in ruin, Christmas is tomorrow, and for the first time in history...kids of the world won't get what they asked for because I failed to stop it. I can't stand 1 more piece of bad news." Dad said, he looked like he was going to cry, but I knew dad wouldn't cry in front of all the elves, he's only cried in front of me once. And that was when I was 5 years old, he was still Scott Calvin. So I don't know what he would look like, crying as Santa! I just turned to Bernard, my hands were freezing up at this point which was actually the worst time for me to freeze.

Bernard noticed and looked at me with worry in his eyes.

"Then good news, sir." Curtis said.

"What?"

"Your pants are on fire." Curtis answered.

Dad quickly turned his head around. "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The fire elves extinguished him and dad sighed.

Then Jack Frost ran over. "Oh, my. Is there anything I can do?"

Me and Bernard rolled our eyes.

"Put a chill on my bottom for me?" Dad said.

Jack winced at it and me and Bernard snickered.

"Go to the Naughty And Nice area and help the elves clean up."

Jack grinned. "Go! Move, move! Stop lollygagging!"

Bernard scoffed. "He's now stealing my job of telling the elves what to do, why is he trying to steal 2 things off me!"

I chuckled. "What's the other thing?"

"He's stealing you!" He smiled.

I smiled. "I love you, no matter what. He'll never steal my heart."

He pulled a strand of hair out of my face. "I love you, too."