Chapter 51. Bernard Who?

As Scott drove to the Miller's house, he ran to the front door, rang the doorbell.

Laura (Scott's ex-wife) opened the door, exhausted, her eyes widened as she saw her ex-husband.

"Hey." Scott forced a smile.

Laura stared at him for a second. "Scott, what are you doing here?" She asked, a cold look in her eye.

Scott looked down at his feet for a second, but soon back up. He sighed. "Well, I just came over to see...uh..uh-"

Laura scoffed. "See what?" She spat and crossed her arms over her chest. "Why on earth would you drag yourself all the way over here?"

"Is that Derek!?" Charlie came down the stairs.

"No, and your not going out tonight." Laura flatly said.

"Yeah, ok." Charlie rolled his eyes, then noticed his father. "What are you doing here?"

Scott tried to smile but failed. "I came over to see you."

"Huh, why?" His son asked.

"Cause' we don't see each other enough."

"What-?"

Then there was a honk of a car with teenaged boys in it. "Come on, Charlie!" One of the boys exclaimed.

"I'm out of here." Charlie announced, barging his way through.

"Oh, come on, Charlie. It's Christmas eve." Laura spoke, sighing.

"Like either of us care." Charlie scoffed, walking off.

Scott turned to his son. "Charlie!"

Charlie sighed and kept on walking, not even turning around to his father. "What?"

"Come back here, Charlie!" Scott demanded.

Charlie ignored him and stepped into the car.

Laura sighed in defeat. "Goodnight, Scott." Laura (almost) closed the door.

Scott blocked the door. "Wait, wait!" He exclaimed. "Can you help me find Carol?"

Laura was confused. "Carol?"

"Carol Newman."

"Carol Newman, the principal of Charlie's school, Miss Newman?"

Scott nodded. "Yeah, do you know where she is?"

Laura looked at Scott. "I don't know, she moved away. Ran out of local kids to terrify, I guess. I don't know." She seemed to be getting really tired of Scott's questions. But she didn't give in, she sighed and kept answering and listening to her ex-husband's questions. Sooner or later she'd just give up. But she didn't.

"Neal. Neal, a-and Lucy, they'll understand." Scott forced himself to believe. "Where are they?"

Laura sighed, yet again. "At the North Pole."

"The North Pole?" Scott questioned.

Laura grabbed a travel brochure. "Yeah." She passed it to Scott.

Scott looked at the brochure and he read - 'THE NORTH POLE RESORT, COME VISIT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!' Scott clenched his firsts. "Frost." He gritted through his teeth.

"Umm, what?"

"Frost turned the North Pole into a theme park!" Scott hissed.

Laura facepalmed. "Neal has been taking Lucy ever since him and I got a divorce."

"Divorce-"

"Are you sure you should be driving?"

A idea sprung into Scott's head. "Y/N and Bernard! They'll know what to do."

"Who is Bernard?" Laura asked.

Scott looked at her like she ate a bowl of dirt. "Y/N's husband? They have been together 12 years and got married 4 years ago?"

Laura looked at the ground. "The only person I know Y/N has married is that guy who is apparently Santa at the North Pole."

Scott was shocked. "So she's Mrs Claus now!?" He exclaimed.

Laura frowned. "I guess when you put it that way, she also has a child."

Scott coughed. "CHILD!?"

"Yes, Tulip?" She said.

Scott frowned. "Where is she?"

Laura frowned. "I guess at the North Pole, she also has been married to this guy for 2 years and her daughter is 4 years old. We are also dead to her, so can we change the subject?"

Scott was even more annoyed that his eldest child had a child with Jack Frost. "No, we can not." He said.

"Why not?" Laura asked.

Scott groaned. "Fine, I'm finding Y/N and her daughter I don't even know about and her so called husband."

Laura sighed a sigh of relief. "Ok, goodnight."

"I'll make things better too!!" Scott exclaimed, running to his car.

Laura smiled and closed the door. "Finally."