Chapter 26. Toys

I and Bernard walked into the workshop and saw nothing but chaos. Bernard and I ran up to the toy Santa who was in the Naughty And Nice centre. 

Bernard turned to Curtis. "Curtis, what is HE doing in the Naughty And Nice centre?"

I walked over to toy Santa, I was more than angry. "What in the name of St Nick are you doing?"

Toy Santa grinned at me. "Well, I'm checking the Naughty And Nice list. Actually I'm checking it twice."

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU!!!" Bernard yelled, approaching us.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned to Bernard.

I took a step to Bernard. "Everyone's looking at you, love."

He lowered his voice. "...it's already been checked." He sighed. "Don't worry about it."

Toy Santa frowned. "I do worry about it! There's a lot of mistakes on this list!" He exclaimed. "I'll give you a big fat one for instance." He nodded, and slammed his finger on the metal globe. "In Denmark, there's a guy named Sven Halstrom right here." He turned to me and Bernard,  then back to the globe. "He's a Dane. Apparently! He was wiping his nose on his sister's shirt. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's not very nice! And yet, he's on the nice list."

"We try to go easy on the kids this time of year." Bernard explained.

"Children tend to get a bit antsy around the holidays." I nodded.

"I DON'T UNDERTAND THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Toy Santa technically screamed in my face, which made me flinch because I hated people shouting.

Bernard's face turned into a slightly worried one when he noticed me flinch.

"It looks like kids are misbehaving everywhere! They're running with scissors, they're always sticky! I'm not gonna stop this car!" He exclaimed. "NO WE'RE NOT THERE YET!!" He yelled. "Brush your teeth! Pick up those clothes! It goes on and on and on!"

I flinched yet again, I wanted to just run off and stay there until dad came back, but I wasn't going to let this ship sink, even though it practically was.

"But there just kids!" Bernard exclaimed. "Everyone misbehaves sometimes."

Toy Santa held up the handbook. "But according to the Santa handbook! Naughty kids get coal in there stockings, right?" He looked annoyed so he did not wait for an answer. "And if they don't have stockings, then we'll make them stockings!" He exclaimed. "And in my little personal opinion, I think they all should get coal in their stockings."

"No! That's not how it works!" Curtis exclaimed.

Toy Santa appeared to not be listening to him. "Get me the Naughty And Nice list! Get me every list! GET ME EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He called, already walking away.

"I don't think this is any good." Curtis mumbled.

"You think?" Bernard scoffed.

Tears slightly filled my eyes because all the shouting, I ran off.

Bernard followed me. "Snowflake wait!!"