Chapter 7. The Random Call From Dad

Please Read - ENOUGH PICS OF BERNARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got in from school and mum was on the phone. I just collapsed on the sofa. Mum walked in and she looked at me, I turned on the Tv and looked at her. "What?" I asked.

"Your father wants to talk to you."

"Give it here."

Mum passed it to me. Dad asked. "IS IT YOU Y/N!!!??"

"Yes, what's wrong?"

"YOU KNOW CHRISTMAS EVE!?"

"Yes? When you became-"

"NO! THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!! I GOT A WHITE BEARD A-AND-"

"Calm down, take 3 deep breathes."

He did as he was told.

"Dad, do you want me to live at yours for a few months?"

"Please..."

"Ok, I'll tell mum and get packing...I love you dad, you can do this." I told him. And he replied with. "I love you to Y/N, thanks again."

"No problem dad."

He ended the call and I went into the kitchen to get some food, and Neal got back from work. "Hey Neal." I said.

"Oh hey Y/N, what are you doing in the fridge?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm just getting a snack." I replied.

"Ok, hey I found this job application for a waitress and I-"

"A JOB!? Your joking...right?"

"Y/N..."

"NO! Neal, how old do you think I am."

"18, also Y/N, You need to get a house." Neal answered.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes. "Neal! I never wanted you to be my step dad in the first place! Well you'll be proud that I'll be staying at dad's for a week." I grabbed a box of strawberries and went into my room. I ended up bursting out crying. "My life is perfect at school, not at home though." I said to myself crying a lot more. Then I saw the keychain. I wiped the tears from my eyes and held it. "I wish to speak to Bernard!"

About 45 seconds later a sound of bells arrived. And Bernard arrived. "Bernard!" I smiled.

"Hey Y/N, what's wrong?"

"What?"

"There's mascara running down your eyes-"

"IS THERE!?" I ran to the bathroom washing it off. 

I came back. "Now?"

He chuckled. "You called for?"

I sat down on my bed. "So Neal, my step dad. Found a job application and said he also said I need to move out a-and I still am in high school," tears began to pour down my face. "A-and then he rubbed it in my face kinda like I'm t-the worse daughter in the world a-and then I told him that I was staying at dad's...I didn't tell him why, but it was because dad w-was turning into Santa now...I also t-then just ended up crying in my room until I decided to call you...because I trust you."

Bernard's lost his smile. "Oh, Y/N..." He sat next to me and put an arm around me. "I'm glad you told me." 

I then sighed. "Should I just move in with dad?"

Bernard smiled a bit. "If that's what you want...also when your dad moves to the North Pole if he does...you'll have to move their to-"

"That's excatly what I want!" I wiped my face.

"Thank you for being there for me Bernard." I smiled.

"It's the least I could do, how was school?"

"I didn't get detention! And I also am still very popular."

"Well done." He chuckled.

Charlie ran into my room holding the snow globe Bernard gave him. "Hey! Y/N-" He got distracted. "Bernard!"

Bernard let go of me. "Hey sport' how are you?"

"Amazing!"

"That's good" Bernard smiled and he looked back at me and stole a strawberry. "Hey!" I laughed. "I'm hungry." Bernard chuckled. Charlie then ran over and stole one. "I'm hungry too!!!!!!" I burst out laughing. 

"Oh Y/N, what's 5 x 7?" Charlie asked.

I opened my mouth to speak but I had no clue. 

Bernard could see I didn't know. "35."

"What Bernard said buddy."

Charlie turned to leave. "Thanks!" Then he looked back. "Are you 2 dating?"

Me and Bernard's face turned bright red. "NO!" We both shouted.

"Well, you should!" Charlie giggled, "Bernard and Y/N sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!" He tried his best to annoy me.

"Charlie!" I ran over to him tickling Charlie as revenge. "Stop! I-it tickles!!" I then stopped tickling him and he ran off. I just laughed. "Oh Charlie..."

Bernard walked up to me. "I only met you a few months ago-"

I laughed. "Yep, and I've been calling you over every day." 

He smiled. "I need to tell you something."