Chapter 8. I Fell In Love With An Elf

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"So, I thought I'd tell you now...I've known you for 3 months, so I don't think you'd be shocked at this but if you ever fall in love with an elf...I highly doubt that though, you would turn into an elf and it's pretty confusing." Bernard said.

I just stared at him. "What?"

"Yeah, it often happens when the elf is leaving or after they left." 

"Well I guess that's  a good thing I don't like anyone." I chuckled. I saw Bernard's face sadden. "What's wrong B?"

"I-I, umm... Oh n-n-nothing!" He chuckled.

"Bernard, I've only known you for 3 months but I can tell when something wrong." I crossed my arms.

"What's the time?" He changed the subject.

"4:21pm?"

"I got to get to work bye Y/N!!!!" He then went off into thin air.

"Oh..." I felt my ears tingle. "Huh?" I felt my ears. They were long and pointy, I ran to the bathroom and then my face had sparkles on. "No No No No!!!!!!" I shouted. I ran to my bedroom getting makeup so it wasn't obvious. "I'll just uhh...put a hat on my head and makeup on then I'll be fine!" 

I fell onto my bed and just thought. "I LIKE BERNARD!?" I shouted realising I was at home.

Mum ran in. "Young Lady! Stop shouting! Also Neal told me-"

"The little snitch!" I shouted. "I'm packing and moving to dad's forever or a few years because at least he cares about me!" I then grabbed my suit cases. "Also I hate this family other than Charlie!"

Mum looked hurt but my words but I was too upset and angry to say anything.

By the next day I was all packed and waiting for Dad to pick me up...I was waiting in my room. And, I'd thought I'd call Bernard while I waited.

"I wish to speak to Bernard." I said.

He arrived after 31 seconds. "Hey Y/N, your going to your dad's today?" He asked.

"Moving to my dad's at this rate." I muttered.

"Come on! It's valentine's day tomorrow. I think..."

"Yay." I said not sounding amused. 

"Wait...that hat looks similar, can I see  if we made it?" Bernard asked.

"Yeah." I said forgetting that I turned into an elf. And he took the hat off and the first thing he noticed were my ears.

"Y/N are you cosplaying or something?" He asked.

"Oh no..." I muttered. "I completely forgot."

"Forgot what?" He asked in an understanding tone.

"What do you think?" I said in a grumpy tone.

"You've fallen in love with an elf? Who?" 

"You!" I shouted.

Bernard's face turned bright red. "I-I."

"You don't like me like that, I know." I said putting my face in my hands.

"Oh snowflake..." He started. "I love you too...you know yesterday when you said you wouldn't fall in love with an elf?" He sighed. "It was because I love you."

My face turned bright red. "W-what?"

"Yes." Bernard sat down beside me on my bed. "Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?" He looked me in my (ec) eyes. I gasped. "Are you serious?" 

"I've never been as serious." 

"Yes!" I leapt on him in a massive hug. Then my mother called. Y/N!!! YOUR FATHER'S HERE!!"

"I have to go. Bye B!" I said running off.

"Bye Snowflake!"

I just unpacked all my stuff and I couldn't stop thinking of Bernard. So I went to ask dad something. "Hey dad?"

"Hello Sweetie."

"Do you believe your Santa?" I asked walking up to him.

"I'm beginning to."

"Oh...well dad?"

"Yes?" He was busy watching a boxing match.

"I am an elf."

"What!?" He whipped his head around. 

I wasn't wearing any makeup, nothing on my face, my (HC) hair was tied up with a head band so dad could see my ears. "I'm sorry-"

"Y/N...you look much better as an elf." Dad laughed.

"Hey!" I shouted.

We burst into a fit of laughter. I then kicked my (fc) boot off and sat on the sofa with dad. "What would I have done with out you?" I asked.

"You wouldn't have been born-"

"DAD!!!" I shouted.

"Do you want a cupcake or a cookie?" He asked.

I nodded.

"There in the red tray." Dad smiled.

I got a cookie and I watched the TV with dad. "What would you do if I told you I was dating one of your work colleague?"

"Y/N- A 30 and over year old-"

"No! When your Santa."

"Then I- I don't know."

"Yeah..." I muttered. "What do you think of Neal?" Dad looked at me. "Your Step Dad?"

I nodded.

"Then he's a right-"

"Don't" I seriously said.

Dad closed his mouth to speak. "A idiot."

I agreed. "Dad, can I live with you forever?"

"Y/N...your mother will miss you. And Charlie."

Then the house landline went off.

I went up to the  phone. "Hey...Y/N Calvin speaking." I said. "Oh hello honey." I heard mother's voice. 

"What's wrong?"

"Well Charlie wants to talk to you."

"Let me talk to him." 

"Ok." 

"Hello Y/N!!"

"Hey buddy."

"Bernard and Y/N sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!"

"Oh Charlie!"

"Are you dating yet?"

"That's for me to know."

"Are you?"

"Trust me you won't tell anyone?"

"I promise!"

"Yes."

"OOOOOHHHHHH."

Dad's head whipped around. "WHAT!?"

"Nothing!" I yelled.

"Ok." Dad said.

Charlie ended the call. 

Wow I didn't realise Charlie was so much into love- and he hated kissing.