Chapter 47. Ruined Family Time

As we were decorating the tree and stuff for Christmas, Bernard and I were knitting Christmas tree things.

"Why won't you go in?" Bernard grumbled to himself.

I chuckled. "It would help if you were using it the right way." I crawled over to him. "Here." I put it in the right place for him.

He smiled. "Thanks, snowflake."

I smiled. "Your welcome."

"Do you-"

I cut Bernard off. "No, Curtis is not going to kill all the elves. He did fine for when we were planning the wedding so why would he screw up this time?" I replied.

Bernard chuckled. "That was a straight forward answer."

I grinned. "I am your wife after all." I pecked him on the cheek and went back to my Christmas tree, where I was almost finished.

Bernard looked at me with pure shock, I looked up. "What?"

He gasped. "How are you almost done!"

I chuckled. "Because I'm not the best head elf." I whispered, so Sylvia and Bud didn't here.

Bernard slightly blushed. "Aww, thanks."

I smiled. 

Bernard and I turned to Sylvia and Bud who were bickering.

"I remember when we had what they have..." Sylvia aggressively mumbled to her husband.

Bernard turned to me. "1. Who are they talking about? 2. Is that a good or bad thing?" He whispered.

I shook my head. "First question, probably us. Second question, I don't know." I whispered.

Bud scoffed. "You always have to complain, don't you?" He crossed his arms.

Me and Bernard were getting annoyed at there bickering.

"Very cheerful, loving couple?" Bernard snickered.

I laughed. "Your not wrong." 

Then dad's phone began to ring.

-We Wish You A Merry Christmas

We all sighed.

"Sorry, that's me." He took his phone out of his pocket.

Me and Bernard glanced at each other and I frowned.

Bernard forced a smile.

"Curtis, what's the matter?"

I honestly was still quite stressed so I was ice all the way up to the shoulder, so I had to wear a pair of gloves and some trousers.

"...Of course all those bears are machine-washable, right. Just put it on the card...I can't be in 2 places at once. You gotta manage and stop calling every time something goes wrong, I'm a little busy with my family, Curtis. All I want to see is busy busy worker tushies." Dad said.

I turned to Bernard, I was finished with my Christmas tree. "Can I see your Christmas tree for a second?"

He nodded and passed it to me.

I noticed were he was going wrong, he was only doing the same thing twice, which makes no sense what-so-ever. "Do you want to do something else?"

Bernard grinned. "Yes." He said, no thought.

I smiled and got more wall. "Try to make little pom poms for the trees."

He took it. "How?"

I showed him and he got the just of it.