Chapter 22. Bernard Tells The Elves

"I myself think he looks absolutely terrific!" Bernard called to all the elves, waving his hands exaggerating. "Better and fresher somehow, than he has in years!" Bernard grinned as much as he could. I facepalmed in my brain at how fake this was. Bernard then followed with, "There's now a supple veneer to his skin, and an added luster to the thickness of his hair." He smiled. "You can almost say there's a..." Trying to find the words. "A- a toy like quality to him!" He said. "Most importantly he is very happy with his new look!" All the elves smiled at each other. "And I would caution you not to point or stare, or use the word 'plastic'!" He smiled. "Ok? Ok." He asked. "Thank you! That's all. Back to work, please." He shooed them off. The elves seemed to buy this all.

I noticed that Bernard exhaled at the end, I ran up to him. "How did they-"

"Believe that? I know."

I smiled. "Yes, well done by the way." I kissed him on the cheek.

He smiled. "It's called talent when your head elf." He chuckled.

I giggled a bit.

He soon walked off. "Where are you going?"

He turned around. "Oh, I was going to add a few adjustments to the watch for Santa."

I smiled. "Can I come later?"

He nodded.

I smiled and walked over to my work space, where I was busy painting a toy horse. As I painted it's hooves I soon thought of something. What if I made a present for Lucy and Charlie for dad to give them. I finished painting the horse and I ran to Bernard's office and I think I possibly almost gave him a heart attack.

"Son of a nutcracker!" He shouted. "Are you trying to kill-"

I cut him off. "Is it possible to make 2 Christmas tree decorations in 1 hour!?" I asked.

Bernard smiled. "Depends what it's made of."

"What's the quickest thing?"

Bernard shook his head and walked over to a draw. "An already made pair."

I grinned and took them and grabbed a thin paint brush and got black paint and sat next to Bernard who was upgrading the watch for dad.

I wrote 'Charlie' and 'Lucy' in posh writing and smiled. "Will this do?"

He grinned. "It's not rapped and not in a box."

I giggled. "Where'd you keep them?"

He chuckled. "In a cupboard over there."

I walked over and got them, I carefully placed the Christmas tree decorations and then I grabbed a pen and wrote. "Dear Charlie" and "Dear Lucy".

Bernard then looked up. "Let's see Snowflake."

I showed them the rapped up present.

"Well done." He chuckled.