Chapter 5. What's the time?

My stomach rumbled, I felt my eyes open. I tried to go to sleep...though, alright! I'm starving.

I jumped out of bed and ran to the door. Because, I knew there had to be a cafe or something, I don't know.

I walked along a hallway after opening a door. I said to myself. "Oh my gosh...this place is gorgeous..." Then to my shock, I heard a voice. "I know." I quickly whipped my head around. "ARE YOU TRYING TO GIVE ME A-" Then I realised it was Bernard. "Oh sorry...you just scared me a bit." I let out a bit of a chuckle. 

Bernard chuckled while grinning. "No, I'm sorry. A stranger approaching you late and night. Of course it'll scare you to death."  

I smiled. 

He glanced at me. "Wait...what are you doing so late at night?"

I crossed my arms with a grin. "I can ask you the same question."

He gave a mocking eye roll. "Makes sense, my anxiety kept me up...so I went to get a hot cocoa...which I am doing now for that matter..." He then smirked. "Your turn."

"I became hungry, and possibly my insomnia..." I then realised what I came here for. "Is there a cafe around here?"

He looked at me. "Y/N, it's the North Pole. Of course we have cafes." He said like it was common knowledge. "In fact, let me lead you to one of my favourites."

I looked at the clock, Bernard at the clock to. He crossed his arms. "There's no point in looking at the clock, one of the elves were supposed to fix it today but they obviously forgot." 

"Then how on earth am I supposed to know the time?"

He looked at me..."Don't you people have watches?"

I then gave him a playful elbow. "Not everyone of us."

"Oh well," He walked up to one of the elves desks. "Even though Santa's delivered all his presents...we need to get stuff ready for next Christmas, 365 days till Christmas." He looked at a watch. "It's 1:05am."

"Thank you."

"Alright' let's get to the cafe." Bernard said. "Follow me."

"Here we are!"

"Is that a-"

Bernard cut in. "A toy aeroplane. The elves must have left it out because it's half painted and there's a paintbrush and stuff like that."

I giggled. "Yes."

"The elf who did it will take a half hot cocoa break."

"You do take your job seriously...and remind me to never get on your bad side."

"I'm head elf Y/N, it's my job." 

He then led me to a white marble table. The floor had a velvet red rug, there was a hot cocoa stand and a kitchen...a big kitchen. There was a white and red lampshade with candy canes hanging from the bottom. The chairs were either red, green or white cushioning and gold and silver legs. There were a Christmas tree in each corner of the room, decorated with blue and white tinsel, red, green, purple, rose gold, pink, black and navy snowflake ball-balls, with a bright yellow star on the top. A orange door leading to the kitchen and a green door leading to the restaurant. Multi-coloured windows with amber curtains. The lights were a galaxy looking colour. My eyes were looking at it all in amazement. "It's beautiful...I-I don't know what to say at all. But it's beautiful.