FG - 40

SHINICHI

Inangat niya ang ulo at diretsong tumingin sa'kin. Her swollen eyes are distracting me, she’s probably crying since afternoon. I want to sit beside her, to hug her, to kiss her. But what can I do when she’s refusing my attention? Tss. I need to finish my story.

“Married?” ulit niya sa huli kong sinabi.

"I called you instantly when I listen to your voice message. Well, you answered but hang up on me after few seconds." Nailing habang inaalala ang pangyayari kanina. "I am supposed to tell you that I’m with someone, that I’m with Ish to avoid misunderstanding. I know how woman’s mind works,” with that statement, she raised her brows at me, “just kidding,” agad kong bawi. “I don’t want you to assume that I’m meeting other girls when I’m not with you,” sambit ko. “Yes, Ish was my ex girlfriend.” Nakita ko ang paglunok niya. “I…” my voice trailed. “I never loved her." This time nabasa ko ang disappointment sa ekspresyon niya.

"Not loving the girl in a relationship? That’s rude, Shinichi." Humugot siya nang malalim na paghinga at umiwas ng tingin sa'kin. "Ganiyan ka rin ba sa'kin?" I move closer to her in an instinct. She raised her hand, stopping me to step further. "No, my Fifteen, no,” may diin kong sambit. “I need you like an air to breathe. Everything's different when it comes to you. I love you." Umiling siya na para bang hindi naniniwala sa sinabi ko. Hindi ko maiwasang masaktan. Ganito pala ang feeling kapag ayaw maniwala sa'yo ng taong importante sa'yo.

"I am telling you our history, fine." Bigla siyang ngumuso na parang may itinuturo. "You want me to kiss you?" I asked hopefully.

Mas lalo siyang nagsungit. "Idiot. Bumalik ka sa kinauupuan mo." Muli siyang ngumuso. This time ay sinundan ko na ng tingin ang tinutukoy niya.

"Oh." I do puppy eyes on her. "I miss you, you know," I murmured sincerely which she gladly returned by yawning. Sweet.

"I suggest you to start telling your story,” she mumbled like she was bored. “My eyes are heavy.”

"Fine." Pabagsak kong sinandal ang likod sa malambot na sofa at sinimula na nga ang pagsasalaysay. "Almost 4 years ago after we met, our company got bankrupted.” I watch her expression turn soft from hard. “My father’s friend offered a deal. An arrange marriaged for me and Ish." Dahan-dahan siyang tumango. "But even if we didn't follow that set-up anymore, Dad agreed for the sake of the company. Kung hindi kasi gagawan ni Dad ng paraan 'yon, it will create a domino effect, babagsak ang kompanya, lahat ng empleyado niya, maapektuha," I sighed, she doesn't look convince. "For Dad, people under him matters most. That time, heartbroken ako," I can't help not to look her accusingly.

"Sinisisi pa talaga ang walang kamalay-malay," komento niya. Well, she's the reason why my heart was broken that time.

"Ah, basta, I am the one telling the story. Makinig ka na lang." Iritableng banggit ko. "Where am I?" I scratch my head. "Ah, I opposed the marriage, of course but my dad was too persistent, he is aware that Trishia's head over heels in love with me that time —"

"Even now," hindi maiwasang idagdag ni Fifteen.

"Well," I shruged. "She is," I admitted.

"See! How can I calm my effin' heart down when there's a wolf watching you?!" She said, hysterical.

"Fifteen Grace, I love you. Enough." She didn't listen but keeps on ranting about my Ex, my history, her breaking my bones, I not to come near at her and how she hates being jealous but in the end says,

"Damn, I just love you. I love you, too," she exhaled, mukhang napagod na sa kanina pa niya. pagsasalita. I smiled wildly at her. She's surely going to receive a lot of kisses later.