chat 88) MAMA awards, Jin's enlistment and JK walk

MAMA - November 30th 2022

Jhope: you ready? i will head off first then and meet you there?

me: yeah, sure - it must be weird for you this year

he nods quietly and heads off with his entourage.

a few minutes pass and I'm finally ready, we walk out to the car and head off. 

When i arrived , i was taken straight to the red carpet. i saw hoseok walk out first and waited until i was called out by the directors assistant.

something most people dont know , is that Korea's red carpet events for kpop events isn't like hollywoods, where they all roll up in a car. most people are waiting in a queue , to be called out. sometimes its awkward and sometimes its a chance for friends to catch up.

"go , go , go"

i walked out.

took about 3 minutes with the cameras , then walked to where the presenters were standing

i wasn't really paying attention to what they said because i was distracted by my own thoughts , but they asked me 3 questions 

1 - "how does it feel to be here this year , the first year with an audience again , but also the first year without all the BTS members and without having an album released?"

i waited a moment before answering. i didn't want to answer their stupid questions that obviously MNET wrote for the sake of making some sort of a controversy to increase views.

me: well , it feels different , as it does every year. im just hoping the performances are all good and everyone is impressed with HYBE artists.

2 - " what should we expect from you tonight , your performances and outfits?"

me: hopefully , everything is really good. as for my outfits , i am wearing a Chanel dress from a few collections ago and the rest of my outfits , will hopefully be just as nice"

3 - "will we expect the same importance that critics and fans give to your reaction to performances?"

context : every award show , idols want my approval of their performance. i always clap for everyone . if i smile , it means you did okay. if i smile a lot , it means you did good. if i sing along or cheer for you , you are fucking doing amazing. but if i stand up and clap or dance along , you had one of the best performances.

me: uh , perhaps , im not sure , but i just like watching the performances

then they gave me and award and i walked off.

i was the last person on the red carpet so everyone left after me too.

i saw jhope backstage waiting for me . we walked together to the seating area. we were just talking about the performances and stage effects and last minute changes and perfections.