Chapter 1

It was a calm, sunny day in Ninjago city. The people were all so happy and clam, grateful that the city was at peace. At the monastery, it was peaceful too.It was completely built, and everything was just perfect. The cherry blossoms bloomed and flew along its roofs. The wind of tranquility lightly swirled around it. Everything seemed so so calm. Until—

"KAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"

"JAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!"

"GIVE IT BACK!" "NO!"

There was—-a bit of a...commotion going on with the ninjas. A BIG commotion.

Master Wu had instructed the ninja to train in order to gain back their elemental powers. But...it only sparked frustrations between the four young ninjas. But this wasn't the first 'fight-without-powers' training session that happened this week. This happened EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. But it never stopped.

Kai and Jay had hastily finished their training and were fighting about who should play the single-player game of Prime Empire, as they were not keen on playing together.

"Guys, really?",Lloyd Garmadon asked in an exasperated tone as he leaned across the doorway, his brow raised. Kai and Jay, who were playing tug of war with the game console, stared bewilderedly at Lloyd, before letting go of the game console, which fell with a loud thud on the floor.

Lloyd raised his eyebrows.

"This has been the millionth time we've been through this. Just because you've lost your powers doesn't mean you have to fight for such silly things like this."

"You're the one to talk", Kai muttered quietly. Lloyd heard it nevertheless, but didn't find it hurtful.This wasn't the first time Kai had lost his powers. But it didn't make it any easier either. Lloyd strode his way across the room and pulled the plug out. Kai and Jay shouted in protest before Lloyd had put his hand up and were quickly silenced,"If you two can't even put up with each other for even a video game, you might as well not do it",Lloyd grunted,"and besides..." Lloyd leaned forward and said quietly,"Our guest is still asleep."

Kai and Jay shared a glanced and rolled their eyes.

"Oh—you mean our guest who brought back the overlord to destroy Ninjago, resurrected the evil version of your father, who you—-"

"OKAY,"Lloyd said loudly,"uh—back to training, or i'll tell Master Wu."

"How can you be so calm about this?", Jay asked Lloyd.

Lloyd looked at him in confusion,"Calm about what?"

Kai let out a grunted sigh,"Stop acting clueless Lloyd, we're talking about Harumi."

"She's changed,"Lloyd huffed, clearly annoyed now,"for the better. You have to trust me on this, okay?"

Kai and Jay exchanged a wary glance, and to Lloyd, that looked like a hidden conversation that passed through them, but it was only just by the gaze. The two took a deep long breath and nodded.

Lloyd smiled gently and hugged them both,"I know how hard losing your powers is for all of you, but don't give up hope. Ninja Never Quit." Jay grinned at him before glancing back at the game console. He picked it up and whirled it around Lloyd's face," Now that we're done with the heated discussions, could we PLEASE play?"

Lloyd slumped his shoulders. Was his speech all for nothing?

"Oh come on Lloyd!", Kai exclaimed as he grabbed Lloyd arm,"The three of us this time, no arguments, promise."

Lloyd let out a sigh,"Only for an hour"

Kai and Jay whooped and high fived.

"And then back to training."

They two ninjas groaned.

Back at the training arena, Cole and Zane were struggling during their training—especially knowing the fact that they might not even get their powers back—rang through their heads. They dodged, slashed, but none of the two made an attempt to push themselves further. Nya watched silently as they fought lazily.They looked—

"Guys",Nya said as she stepped between them," I think you two could use a break—you both look exhausted."

Cole turned to look at her. His eyes were sunk, his face was blank,"What's the point anyway? With this rate I doubt we'll even see our powers come back to us again."

Nya felt a sharp squeeze in her heart,"Cole...don't say that. W-We'll find it back, don't worry."

"I am afraid that your hope maybe difficult to take into account Nya,"Zane said," our chances of even finding a way to gain our powers back are very small, impossible even."

Cole threw his sword, javelin style in frustration,"Ugh! I would have felt better if it weren't for Zane and his problematic Nindroid statistics. Way to go Zane !." He added as he stomped to his room. Zane looked so hurt, Nya didn't even know what to do. Tears welled her eyes. She shook her head vigorously and ran back into the monastery. PIXAL had just in time seen Nya run. PIXAL locked eyes with Zane. He slumped his shoulders, feeling stung.

It seemed as if the loss of their powers were breaking their friendship apart, piece by piece, as if it were fragile glass. What they didn't know yet, was what the bigger threat lingered, watching, waiting for years till the right time came.

Now, it seemed fate was on the threat's side.