57: Vera

"I, Leonard Spencer, thank you for your services to the ministry during the first wizarding war

"I, Leonard Spencer, thank you for your services to the ministry during the first wizarding war. I apologize I didn't write to you after your return but now it's important. Harry Potter's claim on the return of Dark Lord is true, I saw him with my own eyes. He sat in my house offered me my position back as the Minister of Magic if I serve as he wishes me to. I declined him then and there, foolish of me I know, rejecting the dark lord, I won't be surprised if I ended up dead in a day or two. I cannot trust anyone on this, but I trust you, you helped me capture his death eaters once, helped me make him weak and now Fudge needs you, he doesn't realize it but he does. I beg you to stand by his side no matter what he says, the world needs you and your friends to defeat the evil once again. Help us all." Kingsley closed the letter and placed it in front of Josette.

"Leonard Spencer was found dead in his house, a dark marking hovering in the sky. This was on his desk, I nicked it before anyone could see. Maybe he was going to owl you before You-know-who got his hands on him." Tonks added.

"And what do you want me to do about it??" Josette asked.

"Talk to Fudge."

"He doesn't listen to me rather anyone."

"There's panic all over the wizarding world. Mass breakout from Azkaban, it's not something you hear everyday. Fudge is scared now that more people are believing in Harry. He will listen this time."

"Whatever but I am not going there now. I am already on his list, this time if we see each other, he will definitely put me in Azkaban." Josette made her decision "Besides Dumbledore is better at this sort of thing. Let him handle Fudge."

Early morning Tonks and Kingsley came to Grimmauld Place, with the copy of daily prophet and the letter from the previous Minister of Magic, Leonard Spencer. Like Kingsley said, more people started believing in Voldemort's return after yesterday's breakout but there are still some who believe it's Sirius's doing.

"I am going to kill this man!!" Sirius hissed and literally tore the Prophet into pieces. "How dare he blame me for everything?? Who does he think he is!!"

"The minister of magic??" Tonks said. "One of strongest man in Britain??"

"Maybe we need a new minister." Kingsley looked at Josette, saying what he means with his eyes.

"No, no, no. I am not a politician." Josette shook her head. "Leading is way out my league."

"Then Dumbledore??" James questioned

"First: he wouldn't agree. Second: if we
push Dumbledore towards the seat Fudge will be right about his suspicions and then everyone will support him. Third: I kinda don't trust him anymore."

"You don't trust Dumbledore??" Kingsley raised an eyebrow.

"It's not like that, I mean some choices
he made in the past makes me question
him." She said seeming deep in thought.