30: CED?

The day of the first task arrived

The day of the first task arrived. Josette walked into the champions tent with other professors and Crouch. They choosed the dragons they would fight. Cedric's was Swedish Short-Snout, Fleur's Welsh Green, Victor's Chinese Fireball and Harry's most dangerous of them Hungarian Horntail.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my great pleasure to welcome you all to one of the greatest days Hogwarts has seen, the first task out of three in the Triwizard Tournament!" Dumbledore called out to the crowd, causing people to cheer "When the whistle blows, each champion will come to face their dragon and take their golden egg without damaging the real dragon eggs. This golden egg holds the riddle for what the next task is. If they fail to fetch the egg, they will be unprepared for the next task." Many people gasped at the word 'dragon'. Dumbledore then continued "Let the task, begin!!"

Dumbledore and others went to the stadium, but Josette waited outside the tent facing the stadium. She saw as a huge door opened and a greyish-blue dragon was brought into the arena, a huge chain tied around its neck andlaid down to rest by the huge dragons egg. A Golden egg rested amongst the other eggs, glittering in the sunlight. The dragon soon rested its head on its feet and appeared to be sleeping. The officials ran out of the arena as it was about to begin.

Cedric stood beside Josette as he was the first one to go "All the best. You'll do great." She patted his shoulder.

"I hope so." He mumbled.

A whistle then suddenly blew and Cedric slowly walked into the arena. He took deep breaths, calming himself. The stadium erupted as Cedric crept further into the arena.

Cedric was now advancing, slowly and
carefully towards the dragon. He looked
up into the stadium and looked at his mom and dad and Amy, they were cheering for him. He then glanced back at Josette. She just smiled.

Cedric then looked back at the dragon, who was now looking directly at him. People were shouting words of encouragement to him as he gripped his wand. The dragon raised itself up to its full height, causing some people to scream. The dragon raised up and glared at him.

He staggered back until he was standing next to a relatively large rock. The dragon
advanced on him angrily, maddened at
how it had been disturbed. Cedric took a
deep breath before he pointed his wand
at the rock. He then muttered something and the rock shifted shape until it was a dog, which was sitting obediently, looking at Cedric.

"Run, go." Cedric said to the dog, flicking his wand. The dog then turned and ran past the dragons, causing the beast to follow it. That's when Cedric started to creep past. The dragon almost stepped on him, Cedric dived out of the way of the dragon's huge foot.

Cedric got to his feet once more, but the dragon had enough of trying to catch the dog. It turned back to see Cedric and was advancing on him.

Josette bit her lip anxiously, and tasted blood in her mouth. "Shit!!" She cursed.