C. 39 - M's POV

Thank you all so much.

For five days now, my new, temporary home has become the home of Carina and Viviana. For five days now, the feeling that prevails in me has been happiness. We both know that it is a temporary situation, for a few more days, until Katia leaves my house to return to France and we both know that there is still a lot of work to do on our relationship, but we have tacitly decided to focus a little more on living in the present. This means that I jump with joy at the idea of leaving work and coming home to Carina and her daughter, or jumping with joy at the idea of leaving work to go and pick up Vivi in kindergarten and take her to play in the park. Actually, these days it has not happened, because Viviana is slowly recovering from her infection. Vivi's health problems are the ones that make the situation of my coexistence with them even more temporary and above all not very adherent to the real everyday life. The routine of these days is simply that I leave and enter home for work or shopping, while the two of them stay at home, to rest, calm down and heal.

It's still nice to have someone with whom to have breakfast in the morning and dinner in the evening; have small shifts for those who wash the dishes, those who bathe in Viviana, those who put on her pajamas; for now it is always Carina who puts her to sleep in the evening, but I love my role as a "living room preparer", so every night, while she reads stories to her daughter, I finish washing the dishes, before preparing, at her choice, an herbal tea or a glass of wine and a movie or a TV series to watch together. It's nice the routine of going to sleep together and waking up together, even if it's several times that Viviana breaks into the room and pretends to sleep with her mom, so I end up sleeping on the sofa. This has actually prevented us from having a little more intimate physical contact, apart from the fiery moments that we exchange on the sofa, but which never completely exceed some more passionate kiss with relative touch to the intimate parts. If I said that this does not leave a certain frustration on me, I would be lying: more than anything because I project myself forward, to the day when officially we will all live under the same roof and I wonder how we are going to improve this aspect, which every day instead seems to me to get worse.

Tonight, we will have a change in our daily lives, because we will go to dinner at my house, or we will go to dinner with Katia, who at this moment occupies my house. Throughout the car trip Carina was quite quiet. We are alone, because Viviana has stayed at home in the company of Carina's brother, considering that we intend to have a rather quick dinner and that the child has not yet fully recovered.

M < amore, is everything okay?> I ask and she nods distractedly. < if you prefer to come back home, I call her and there is no problem..> she sighs and turns to look at me.

C < no, I promised to you..> I smile.

M < it's not a problem if you prefer not to go ...> I reassure her, even if I have to admit that it would bother me a little.

C < no, it's just the first night I spend away from Vivi after that night...> I nod and I squeeze her leg, while I keep driving, trying to be comforting.

M < we will come back home soon..> I promise her and shortly after we are at my house. Before leaving the car, I kiss her, still to comfort her, before taking her by the hand and going ringing the doorbell. It's so crazy to think that I have to ring the bell to enter my own house. Carina realizes that and laughs at me, while Katia opens the door.

M < just tell me you didn't destroy my home!!> I exclaim and she laughs, making us enter.

K < no, bitch!> she answers me, slapping me on my head. < hi Carina, it's a pleasure to meet you..> they shake their hands and Katia adds whispering < finally...> it's a shame we all hear her.