C. 34 - M's POV

Thank you all for reading, commenting and voting. 
I hope you could enjoy this chapter... ;)

During the night, although I slept well and snuggled up in Carina, the anger not only did not pass me, but it swelled a little. I would have preferred Carina to talk about it with me, before acting behind my back and inviting us all to dinner as old friends. I felt uncomfortable, but above all not at all free to express myself as I would like. I woke up early, even though it's Saturday morning and no one has anything to do, and I got dressed, choosing to go back to my house. I didn't leave without saying goodbye, though, because I woke her up before going out and I still managed to resist her insistence. When I got to my house, I actually threw myself into bed and slept for a long time, until a phone call from Katia woke me up and she forced me to talk about everything I feel.

K < you know I think the same way as Carina..> she insists again and I raise my eyes to the sky.

M < if in a parallel universe you and I were a couple, you would really have acted like this?> I see her shrug her shoulders.

K < sometimes it's not so easy to understand what do you really want..and so it's not so easy to help you..>

M < in this case it was very clear that I didn't want a dinner with Andrea!> she smiles, almost making me nervous. < what?>

K < baby, it's obvious that you miss her..> I snort.

M < well, you know all the story of our friendship, so it's crystal clear that I miss her..>

K < so grant Carina the benefit of the doubt of having made something right?> I sigh and when I'm about to answer, someone ring the doorbell. I ask her to wait for me online, without interrupting our videocall.

M < hi!> I exclaims surprised, looking at Carina in front of me, with a bag in hand. The second emotion that flows in my veins it's terror for being on a videocall with Katia.

C < hi..> she approaches me hesitantly and gives me a kiss on the lips: I have my arm with my phone down my body, with the earphones, but it would not be so strange, because I often use earphones to listen music at home, even if I'm alone.

M < what do you do here?> I ask, while I hear Katia laughing through the phone.

C < I left my daughter with my brother and I brought lunch to you..> she realizes that my reaction is too placid, because she looks around embarrassed. < did I do something wrong?> I smile, shaking my head.

M < no..> I sigh and pull up my phone. < I was just on videocall with Katia..can I just say goodbye to her, one minute?> I ask.

C < of course!> and saying that, she passes me and goes towards the kitchen.

M < stop laughing!> I whisper, sitting down on the couch and returning in front of Katia's screen.

K < this is an amazing plot twist! Can you please tell to me later?> I laugh and nod.

M < so, when do you come?>

K < love, I come every time, you know that...> she smirks, making me raise my eyes to the sky.

M < come on! I'm serious, baby..>

K < in two weeks. Are you sure you can guest me?>

M < yeah, of course, why wouldn't I?>

K < maybe because your super jealous girlfriend does not want to meet me again, neither this time?> I smile.

M < I will talk to her..> she nods.