51|| Happiness is a choice

Every moment that we spent together really made me happy. Let's continue to be happy.

•|•|•|•|•

The hearing started and Sienna looked around, recognising so many faces; Mr. Olayinka, the lawyers from Olayinka and co., Titilayo...

So many people she had met and they had supported her in one way or the other that she couldn't help but feel touched at the moment. She heaved a deep sigh content.

While the hearing was going on, Tamara told them Waris' story; Waris was a cultist who loyally followed Jaws because Jaws helped him seek revenge after his mother was killed by a rival cult.

Ethan scoffed in disbelief that Jaws could be so kind to help and simply waited eagerly to hear the verdict.

Like everyone expected; Waris and Jaws got their deserved sentences. Waris was sentenced to fourteen years in prison for assault, stalking and being an accomplice to attempted murder.

Jaws, on the other hand, because of his dwindling mental health was posted to a mental hospital and if he recovered by any chance, he would spend the rest of his life in prison.

Ethan was a bit dissatisfied with Jaws' sentence and Mr. Olayinka pointed out that it was the best sentence to be meted out.

The police escorted Jaws and Waris out after the hearing but as they passed by Sienna and everyone else, the sight of Sienna triggered an episode.

"No!" Jaws screamed horrified, falling to the floor. The officers had removed the straitjacket before so now, Jaws was free to move. "Look! Look! She is alive! I didn't kill her."

Everyone stared at him shocked while the officers looked annoyed. "Not again" one officer said while the other officer took Waris out.

Everyone watched Jaws mental breakdown horrified and Sienna felt terrible despite everything. The officers tried to hold Jaws but he was being difficult.

"I promised you didn't I? Look, your Sienna is alright" Jaws stammered fearfully at an invisible figure, making Sienna's heart beat in trepidation.

"No! I didn't kill you Thad! You were my brother!" Jaws said to himself with crazy eyes, pushing away the officers holding him. He glared at Sienna, "She did! She did!"

Jaws lunged for Sienna and everyone shouted in alarm. Oddly enough Sienna didn't feel frightened and before Jaws could reach her, he stopped and jumped back in fright.

"No I won't! I didn't hurt her!" Jaws screamed terrified, seeing Thad in front of Sienna. "I didn't! Thad!" he clutched his head, muttering incoherent words and the officers dragged him out.

Everyone stared speechless. "That was intense" Amaechi spoke first. He could still feel chills from how intense it was.

"That is the end of him" Mr. Olayinka said and Edafe nodded his head feeling relieved.

"He deserved it but man that was creepy" Sharon shuddered and Ahmed held her consolingly but he dropped his hand when she glared at him.

Sienna just stared, her mind going over what just happened and everything else. Ethan grabbed her face and made her look at him.

"Are you alright Sienna? Are you hurt?" Ethan asked worried and Sienna just stared. She smiled softly at him soon after.

"I've never been better" she answered confidently.

•|•|•

Sienna and Ethan bid their friends and Sienna's parents goodbye having decided to go on a little walk before leaving.