42|| Conspiracies

If you had to sacrifice so many things to protect one, you're more likely to give up and throw it away. Including relationships you have in your hand now.

•|•|•|•|•

A week had passed and the court case that was scheduled for Thursday was moved to indefinite date so Sienna spent that week meeting with the different directors and managers.

Sienna pestered them endlessly with reasons to support her father and as hard as it was to convince them, they couldn't get rid of her either.

The most heartwarming part was the support she got from Ethan, Mr. Olayinka and her new found friends at the law firm.

They made things easier for her by reaching out to the employees but now it was time to pay attention to her approaching court case against Laura and the media company.

It was Monday, the start of a new week and Sienna was in her office, when she just received news that her court case had been scheduled for Wednesday.

Sienna looked worried by the news.

"Sienna, let's go and eat. It has been a few minutes since break" Ethan said, glancing at his watch as he walked in.

He looked up and noticed Sienna's tense shoulders. "What happened?"

"The hearing for my case has been decided" Sienna answered, looking at him.

"That's great, when is it?" Ethan said excitedly, sitting opposite her.

"Wednesday" Sienna sighed as she looked at the message on her phone. "A day before my father's boarding meeting, I feel nervous."

"What are you nervous for? You are the victim" Ethan said matter-of-factly, "Laura and that journalist should be nervous."

"Mhm" Sienna hummed unsure, "this means much of the board meeting will depend on the verdict of the case."

Sienna looked down worried, wringing her hands together and Ethan glanced at it. He held her hand firmly and she looked at him.

"Don't worry too much. It is all going to work out" Ethan assured her and Sienna smiled gratefully at him.

"Okay, I feel better" She replied smiling, "you go ahead, I will be there soon. I have to do something quickly."

Ethan pursed his lips, reluctant to go without her but she pushed him away and Ethan left. Sienna's face fell once Ethan left as a realisation hit her.

"I guess I have to leave soon then" Sienna sadly said and began typing on her keyboard. "Regardless of what the outcome is, I have to leave."

Sienna typed something with a look of finality and closed her computer. She got up and left, not noticing a strange man decked in cleaning clothes and a cap nearby.

As soon as Sienna was gone, the man lifted his cap slightly; it was Waris. He stealthily walked over to Sienna's office and opened it.

Waris entered and quietly closed the door. He looked around the office and began to get to work.

At the Cafeteria, Sienna sat among her friends, laughing heartedly at the discussions surrounding her and Ethan played the role of the loving boyfriend.

She left their company with Ethan feeling much better than she came.

In the office, Waris sharply got up when he heard noises and quickly put everything back in its place, shutting down the computer too before leaving.

He walked out of the office before Sienna and Ethan arrived at the area and he passed by them but Ethan stared at him feeling odd.

"I have to do my work now, don't distract me like you did on Friday" Sienna scolded playfully and Ethan played along.