28|| Hostage Crisis

Having friends who are always there to support you is one of the best things there is.

•|•|•|•|•

At the law firm, Sienna and Ethan arrived and entered the elevator together. They hadn't really discussed their problem but an unspoken agreement seemed to exist between them.

Ethan was determined to watch over Sienna properly and Sienna thought about how to protect Ethan from Jaws. She didn't tell him about Jaws' threat.

"You were right" Ethan grudgingly said. "this isn't the time to be arguing and fighting. We should focus our efforts on finding Chisom."

"Yeah, right" Sienna hesitantly agreed and looked at Ethan. "I met with one of Jaws old partners, she will help me."

"That will be good then" Ethan said.

Other people joined them in the elevator and Sienna and Ethan moved to the back. Sienna stared at Ethan and held his hands. Ethan stared at her surprised.

"I can still do this much" She said, their hands were hidden properly but still, it was bold of Sienna to do this in public considering her earlier distaste for it.

Ethan smiled softly at her and the elevator arrived at the firm's floor. They separated their hands and stepped out with some other lawyers. They went to their offices.

Meanwhile at the police station, Somto had come to see Tamara. "Mr. Isime found out about the police investigating. Jaws told him" Somto said, sounding defeated.

"I have a feeling it is bad news you are about to tell me" Tamara said upset.

"Tamara, please stop the investigation. The life of my daughter is at risk" Somto pleaded, folding his hands. "if Mr. Isime finds you continuing the investigation, he might harm my daughter."

"If we stop the investigation, things could be terrible for you in the future. This is well laid out plan Somto" Tamara warned. "It will be dangerous to follow their plans."

"What can I do? It is for my daughter, please, stop" Somto begged and got up. He walked out and his secretary, Mercy followed him.

"Sir, I know something is wrong. Where is Chisom and why did you approve of the medicine production?" Mercy asked worried.

"I will tell you, but not right now" Somto said, his voice hoarse. Mercy stared at her boss worried but didn't ask any other questions.

Tamara returned to the station and talked to her team. "Mr. Somto wants us to stop the investigation and withdraw the case" she informed them.

"We can't do that. That man is a dangerous person, we can't let him slip away" Dare said with a sense of urgency.

"Of course we aren't going to back down. It is our duty to save and protect the citizens" Tamara said authoritatively. "we will continue the investigation but Mr. Somto doesn't have to know. It's better that way."

The three men agreed and Tamara dismissed them, telling them to continue investigating.

Back at the firm, the lady Ethan, Ahmed and Rotimi went to see two days ago walked in. She was dressed in a pink coloured skin tight gown that had only one arm sleeve.

"I am here to see Ethan Diribe" She said and the receptionist eyed her distastefully before feigning a smile. She directed the lady to Ethan's office.

The lawyers blatantly stared at the lady as she passed and the lady didn't seem to feel awkward, instead, she looked more confident.

"Who is that woman?" Sharon asked after the lady passed.

"She came to see Ethan" the receptionist answered. "she honestly doesn't like a client, she looks like someone looking for a partner."