45|| Never Say Goodbye

I came to realize that the opposite of loving is not hating, but leaving.

•|•|•|•|•

Ethan and Sienna returned to their home and Ethan dropped Sienna at her apartment. He couldn't hide his excitement.

"Thank you for accepting" he couldn't help but say.

Sienna laughed but she didn't look quite happy. She looked pale. "You should go now" she smiled softly.

"I'll see you at work tomorrow" Ethan smiled then grinned. "I can imagine everyone's faces tomorrow. They won't believe it."

Sienna smiled wistfully just watching him chatter on excitedly. She looked down at Ethan's warm hand in hers, she never wanted to let go.

"Oh sorry" Ethan smiled sheepishly, "you must be tired. I'll let you go."

Don't. Sienna desperately thought but reluctantly let go of Ethan's hand. She frowned at the loss of warmth in her palms.

"I love you" Ethan said, leaning in for a kiss. Sienna stared at him in silent pain that this might be the last time she will see him.

Sienna pressed her lips to his and they kissed briefly. Ethan pulled away first and grinned his familiar charming grin. "Good night."

Sienna quietly nodded fearing if she spoke, she would break down. Ethan walked upstairs and waved at her with a smile before going up.

Sienna's face fell and she blinked back tears. She stood outside her door trying to constrain herself and control her conflicting emotions.

Her eyes caught the ring on her finger as she paced about and she stared unable to look away for a moment.

Suddenly, Sienna sighed deeply, sounding pained and left the building making her choice.

•|•|•

At that same time, Tamara was walking out of the station and talking to a colleague when her phone rang.

"Excuse me" Tamara said taking out her phone. She smiled when she saw Eric on the contact ID.

"Eric?" The colleague teased and Tamara playfully elbowed her.

Tamara answered the call. "Hello" She smiled sweetly but her face fell at whatever the party on the other side said. Her eyes filled with tears as she whispered, "what?"

"Tamara? Tamara what happened?!" The colleague panicked. Tamara slowly dropped her phone looking confused and in disbelief. Tears began to drop inexplicably. "Tamara? Tamara?"

Tamara seemed to realise something and she staggered and began to cry loudly holding her fist to her chest. "Tamara?! What happened?!" her colleague panicked and yelled in frustration.

Tamara dropped on the ground crying incoherent words out. The police officers around them looked at surprised and her colleague shot nervous looks around.

"Tamara?!"

"Eric...Eric is dead!" Tamara shouted in tears. She hugged her knees, shaking violently as she sobbed uncontrollably. Her colleague stared at her in shock and disbelief.

"That-that can't be" the colleague stuttered in shock.

The police officers gathered them showing shock and disbelief having heard Tamara's outburst. In their disbelief, they didn't notice Tamara's vibrating phone on the ground.

•|•|•

Sienna arrived at her parents home and was warmly welcomed by her mother. "Where is dad?" Sienna asked, sitting down hesitantly.