21|| The Lost Boys

All I know is that something is beginning. On the other hand, Something is ending.

•|•|•|•|•

Sienna noticed that Ethan looked unsettled ever since they returned from the fast food joint but he wouldn't tell her what the problem was.

He didn't even react to Amaechi's and Tiwa's playful lesson on how to knock before entering. He just returned to his office with a blank look and stared.

Meanwhile, Tamara was about to leave the station when Eric jumped in front of her. She looked at him in alarm at the sudden surprise.

"What are you doing?" She asked with wide eyes.

"I was thinking we could go out for barbeque and beer" Eric said spiritedly, like they didn't have an argument and didn't talk for weeks. Tamara narrowed her eyes at him.

"You must be joking, why would I do that? We aren't friends anymore" Tamara said antagonistically. "You even said it yourself. Don't show me apathy just because you found out about my break up."

"I'm sorry" Eric said as Tamara began to walk away and she stopped.

"About what exactly?" She asked, looking at him.

"About the argument that caused this, I am sorry for saying all those terrible words. I didn't really mean them, I was just frustrated" Eric apologised sincerely, "let's not fight anymore."

Tamara stared at him with narrowed eyes but shook her head. "No, not interested, goodbye" She said and walked away purposefully.

Eric scratched the back of his head watching her walk away. "Yeah, it will take more than that to win her back" He sighed.

During closing hours, Sienna had decided to go and see her father who was in the hospital because of his deteriorating condition but Ethan's silence worried her.

"Are you sure you are fine?" Sienna asked Ethan for the umpteenth time.

"I'm fine, go and take care" Ethan assured her with a soft smile and Sienna nodded. She drove away and Ethan sighed deeply worried.

At the hospital, Sienna inquired about her father and was guided to his ward by Andrew. Sienna stood close to his hospital room but enough for her not to be seen.

"How is his condition?" She asked.

"He needs a liver transplant soon, we are doing everything we can to keep him well" Andrew answered, "I have placed your father's name of the list of those who need donors, hopefully we will find one soon before his condition worsens."

"Will he have to stay in bed like this all the time?" Sienna asked concerned. She could see her mom with him.

"No, he can walk around and leave the hospital but I suggested he stay in the hospital because he needs plenty bed rest" Andrew said.

"Okay" Sienna replied in a low voice and turned to leave.

"You are leaving?" Andrew looked at her in surprise.

"Yes."

"Won't you see your father?"

"I will, when I am able to face him without being angry or hurt. Don't worry Andrew, it won't be long and I won't let it to be too late" Sienna said with a small smile and left. Andrew stared unsure but decided to trust Sienna.

Outside the hospital, Sienna didn't look as cool as she did inside. Andrew's words about her father's condition repeated in her ears and she couldn't imagine what would happen if nothing could be done.