31|| High Society

Hope is the only thing stronger than fear

•|•|•|•|•

Sienna waited in the lobby at Chemscope company and looked up when she heard a door open. She saw Somto and Ethan walk out and she got up.

"Sienna, you should have come in" Somto said warmly.

"It's okay, I didn't want to disturb your talk. How is Chisom?" she asked.

"We are trying to get her to open up. Mercy is helping with that, Chisom is much more relaxed with Mercy around" Somto said full of hope. "I am planning to get her a psychiatrist like you advised."

"That's good. If you get her talking quickly, she will be able to get over it as soon as she is older" Sienna said thoughtfully.

"Thank you for the advice, and thank you. It's thanks to you I could get my daughter back" Somto said sincerely, taking her hand to shake.

"It's nothing" Sienna smiled.

"Yeah, it's nothing. Can you let go of her hands now?" Ethan deadpanned and Somto and Sienna chuckled at his reaction.

"What? Are you jealous?" Somto teased while Sienna grinned.

"It's nothing like that" Ethan said while pettily slapping Somto's hands away. Somto laughed and put his hands in his pocket.

"Okay, it was nice to see you two again" Somto said cheerily and waved them goodbye. Sienna and Ethan walked out the door together.

"My My, I didn't know you could so jealous" Sienna teased.

"Jealous? No" Ethan unconvincingly denied, "I was just worried he was squishing your hand."

Sienna smiled, shaking her head and took Ethan's hand. "You are really so lovable when you act so caring. I like it" Sienna said smiling and Ethan grinned widely.

At the police station, Jaws was seated in the interrogation room looking a bit unhinged. "I think this guy is crazy, he keeps mumbling 'Sienna'" Tony told Tamara.

"He keeps mentioning that name?" Tamara looked at him sharply. She stared at Jaws through the dark glass thinking. 'Jaws is crazy about Sienna, is this just about revenge?'

"Don't say anything like he is crazy or he can use this to get out of this case" Tamara said impassively and walked inside.

"Ah, so a woman is going to interrogate me" Jaws said amused and chuckled menacingly. "can someone like you really handle me?"

"Don't be sexist, I led your arrest" Tamara answered coolly. "you have to cooperate, don't try hiding anything because you were caught red handed."

Tamara sat opposite Jaws who chuckled again. "Mr. Isime has been arrested and trialed very soon. You will be charged as an accomplice but if Mr. Isime can pin everything on you, he will do it as soon as possible. It's better you decide the easier way out."

"Listen, girl," Jaws sneered, "I will tell you everything, not because I am afraid but because I have bigger plans."

Tamara looked at Jaws confused and worried.

"Tell that woman, Sienna that when I get out, I am coming for her. Any single chance I get, I will destroy her" Jaws growled, staring dangerously at Tamara.

Tamara tried not to look affected. She relaxed in the chair, "you weren't brought here to make threats. Tell me what you know now and maybe, your sentence can be reduced."

Jaws stared at Tamara calculatingly.

Later, Tamara and Sienna were drinking coffee together at a café near the station. "You must have your hands full with this case" Sienna smiled.