15|| Uncontrollably Fond

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.

•|•|•|•|•

Tamara sat in the car next to Eric wiping her tears and Eric glanced at her. "Why did you call me? What happened to your boyfriend?" Eric asked gruffly.

"He wasn't answering and I really needed somebody" Tamara sniffed and looked at him in alarm. "I'm sorry, did I disturb you?"

"No, you didn't" Eric answered quickly, while in a restaurant, a woman was talking angrily into her phone about her date who ran off after getting a call from another woman.

"I'll take you home" Eric said.

"Sure" Tamara said and Eric drove.

The next day at the trip location, the lawyers were dressed for the games they were going to play and doing warm ups. They were in teams; Sharon and Ahmed, Ethan and Tiwa, Jane and Rotimi, Sienna and Amaechi.

"How could you put me in a team with her?!" Amaechi said in disbelief and Sienna raised an eyebrow at him as she stood cross armed.

Tiwa snickered, "you chose her, not me. You know the teams were chosen at random." Amaechi's face contorted in unhappiness.

"I want to win so stop looking like that. That looks like a face aiming to lose" Sienna monotonously said and walked past him. Amaechi's face soured even more.

They started the games with a two legged race and as they ran. Ethan noticed Sienna wincing. 'I guess her foot still hurts' he thought.

Surprisingly, Sienna and Amaechi won and proceeded to win almost all the games-egg race, football, ludo. "How can a girl beat a man in football?" Ahmed said, shaking his head.

"What do you mean?" Tiwa said, shooting him a nasty look and Ahmed wisely back tracked.

"I didn't mean it like that, not at all" Ahmed quickly said and Tiwa looked away.

"This is not fair, how can only one team win almost all the games?! This games are rigged!" Sharon protested.

"You are just jealous, keep on playing Sienna. Don't let them distract you" Amaechi urged competitively, shooting everyone a victorious grin.

"Okay, it's time for the final event, a sack race" Mr. Olayinka said and everyone got in line. "Start!"

The representative of each team raced and Ethan stared at Sienna as she hopped disapprovingly. She seemed to be in pain and was being stubborn by continuing the race.

"Ethan! What are you doing?! Hop!" Tiwa yelled and Ethan continued hopping. Soon after, Rotimi won and Jane cheered loudly.

Sienna heaved a sigh and nearly fell. Ethan luckily appeared by her side. "You pushed yourself too hard didn't you?" He said to her.

Sienna didn't reply but the answer was obvious. Ethan sighed and helped her to walk. "What happened?" Amaechi asked.

"Sienna injured her foot yesterday, I think it got worse after playing today" Ethan explained, looking upset for Sienna.

Amaechi directed a concerned look in Sienna's direction for the first time ever. "Why didn't you tell me?" he said upset.

"I really like to win" Sienna answered with an 'it's okay' smile and Ethan took her inside. They sat opposite each other and Ethan put her leg on his lap.

"Wow, that's bad" Sienna winced once she saw blood gathered around the wound on her foot.

"If you knew it was bad, you should have quit" Ethan retorted upset and Sienna smiled at him.