08|| Secret of her tears

We need never be ashamed of our tears.

•|•|•|•|•

At another bar, Tamara arrived just in time to see Chinonso in a fight with an equally drunk man and some men holding them back.

"What is this? What is going on?" Tamara asked alarmed, rushing to Chinonso. She quickly held him.

"Tammy, you are here" Chinonso said with a toothy grin and hugged her. Tamara looked uncomfortable as she glanced at the audience and gently pushed him away.

"What is going on?" She asked one of the men.

"It's nothing but a silly drunken argument. Are you here for him?" the man answered and Tamara nodded.

"Take him away then! If he is gone, maybe this one will calm down" another man said and Tamara dragged Chinonso out after paying the bill.

"Why do you keep calling me? What do you want?" Tamara said frustrated.

"Another chance" Chinonso answered drunkenly and Tamara groaned annoyed. They stood waiting for an Uber that Tamara had called.

The Uber arrived and they entered. Tamara carefully remained impassive while Chinonso dropped his head on her shoulder.

They arrived at Chinonso's house and Tamara took him to his house. "Thank you, I couldn't get my bearing right back there" Chinonso said.

"Can you stop calling me? What for?! Why me?!" Tamara said pained. "did you think by doing this, I would forget that you disappeared on me without a word?"

"To think I was actually worried about you, are you really telling the truth?" Tamara asked, "you were chased by dangerous people? Doesn't that sound like the plot of a melodrama?"

"But it's the truth, you can find out, investigate" Chinonso said desperately, "but it's the truth. Stop being scared to believe it."

Tamara stood unsure of what to believe and Chinonso slowly stepped in front of her. "I am sorry for the past but it's what I thought was best to protect you." Chinonso said, "please, give me another chance."

Tamara watched as Chinonso leaned closer and kissed her. She kissed him back a bit unsure but relaxed and Chinonso held her closer.

Meanwhile, Sienna laid drunkenly in the back seat of the car while Ethan nervously drove. He was confident about riding a motorcycle or a scooter but not a car.

"...the itsy bitsy spider walked up the water spout, down came the rain and...whoosh" Sienna sang and giggled.

"She is so weird when she is drunk" Ethan said amused, glancing at her through the mirror. He finally arrived at the compound and brought Sienna out.

Sienna drunkenly swayed to the ground and Ethan quickly caught her when he realized she couldn't stand properly.

"Attorney Sienna, get a grip on yourself" he said shaking her.

"Stop shaking me, I'm going puke" Sienna slurred sick and Ethan jumped to a safe distance, letting Sienna fall on the floor.

"Coward, is a little vomit going to kill you?" Sienna snarled.

"No, but it's disgusting" Ethan said and sighed. He went back to her and helped her up. He then put her arm around his shoulder and his right arm around her waist.

Sienna shot him a cautioning look and he quickly defended himself. "It's only because you can't stand" Ethan said and Sienna relaxed. They walked to the building's front door.

"You are a good kid" Sienna said and hung her head asleep. Ethan grumbled in disbelief but smiled at the difference between normal her and drunk her.

Sienna began to squirm in her sleep. "Thad...I'm sorry, I'm really sorry" She said and began to cry. Ethan stopped on the stairs surprised.